Turn on thread page Beta

Not being creepy? watch

Announcements

I'm a second year undergrad student, and last year I was seriously infatuated with a girl who lived in the same building. I knew she had a boyfriend, but I was an immature idiot and kept hanging around talking to her about completely random stuff (it must have been really annoying), although I never directly told her about my feelings (it was pretty obvious though, and I did drunkenly blurt it out to some other people). After a while, I managed to make myself stay away.

This year, I've only seen her once - it was on a night out with some other friends and we had fun, but I think I'm definitely over her now and can control myself. The thing is that I really want to spend some time with her and just be friends - but how do I ask her if she wants to meet up for coffee or something without her being creeped out or thinking I have ulterior motives? She has a different boyfriend now btw.:hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    you so obviously want to be more than friends, leave the girl alone

ReputationRep:
    No, don't. You'd give off the wrong idea to her.

ReputationRep:
    When you're out in the club and you see a fly girl....

http://kreemy.com/wp-content/uploads...ep-390x280.jpg

ReputationRep:
    That is kinda creepy.

Run up to her and be all like:

"So, you want to get some coffee... TO THE EXTREME?!?!"

She'll be so intrigued to what extreme coffee is the dates in the bag!

ReputationRep:
    Lol at 'different boyfriend'.

No, I say you should just lurk around till 'different boyfriends' becomes 'ex boyfriend' and then you can take over as the new Mr Boyfriend.

Was kind of expecting replies like that tbh. I really want to meet up with her and apologise for being annoying (although she was always too nice to actually reveal any annoyance) last year, just clear the air as it were - I should have done that a long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    So creepy. Avoid sweating, having red eyes and or breathing heavily when talking to her.... also don't run up to her from nowhere

(Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    So creepy. Avoid sweating, having red eyes and or breathing heavily when talking to her.... also don't run up to her from nowhere
    lol, I would never do any of that stuff. I'm generally a very laid back guy, it's just that I feel I really messed things up with this girl. She'd be a wonderful friend.

ReputationRep:
    Well tbh you may tell yourself & others that you're over her, & I was convinced myself....until I read the last line & esp the pic beside it. You aren't over her mate, dream on!

But if you think that you can handle being friends with her without being able to be anything else but that then do just ask her out for some coffee, or ask her if she wants to just hang out & chat, strictly as platonic, obviously .

Saying that though, how regular a thing would that be generally, two people of the opposite sex meeting up alone where one has a bf & the other, you, well...you never know, her bf may know of your past feelings for her if you blurted it out whilst you were drunk one time! & I don't know how happy he would be in you seeing her on her own regardless of if he knows of your past feelings.
    So maybe you should just hang out with her....including your friends.

Just take things with the chillaxed appeal & I'm sure you'll be on your way to making good friends with her in no time! Good look .

The last bit was meant to be tongue in cheek, but I see your point. My conscience will generally prevent me from crossing the line - that's why I never directly said anything last year knowing she had a boyfriend. I have no idea if it would be regular or not - I'd just like to have her in my life in some capacity.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.