making money off japan? Watch

rajveers
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
how morally wrong is it to profit of japanese shares since the earthquake struck?
Doyle&TheFourFathers
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
its up there with the holocaust.
emerset
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
technically it's morally good. investing in Japanese businesses in this crisis will only help Japan economically, you're only going in for the ride but you're pitching in your two cents, literally.
Philip_H
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was actually thinking of buying some shares whilst they're low. How do I go about it?
Thirst
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its not wrong at all. The markets are a price finding mechanism, they are there so that buyers and sellers can agree on a price which they both consider to be fair. In the light of a natural disaster such as the one in Japan, firms that are exposed to Japan are worth less at the end of the day; face it.
TheCurlyHairedDude
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How do you invest shares into a business?
JamesyB
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well the US Redcross seem perfectly happy to take $10 every time someone texts to "donate" so why not?

(To those wondering: Japan hasn't asked for aid from other countries so all those $10s are going straight to the redcross, not Japan)
Iorek
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Am waiting for the Nikkei to slow from it's free fall..... plenty of blue chip bargains. *waits*
loki276
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
None at all
hardleyouth
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was going to say the same as everyone else, providing your money is an injection to their economy and not a leakage (which it could never be seeing as your external to their economy) - it's very beneficial them! They need as much investment as possible at the moment while everyones pulling out!

On a less moral, and more economic point of view...be careful not to choose something that will collapse
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (56)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (117)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (117)
40.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise