Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got a confirmed place at uni last year, so I decided to take a gap year to make sure computer science is what I really want to do.

Well fast forward 6/7 months and I've got a letter asking me to confirm my place at uni this year..

Thing is though, in the last year I've decided I want to go to uni.. but NOT do computer science (the course I've been accepted into). I've spent the last year trying to learn programing etc, I really can't stand it.

Anyway back to the question... Would they allow me to change to another course? I don't want to ask them now and kind of ruin any chances of using the excuse of not liking the course a few days in? I've herd story's of people changing after there first few weeks but not sure how to go about it.

I got the top grades in an ICT BTEC (did this instead of a levels).. which is why i would think it would be pretty impossible for me to do any other course? But I'd much prefer to go into business or marketing.

Anyone got any advice?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    What uni is it?
    No harm in phoning them up and enquiring some time.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.