Should Canabis be legalised??? Watch

This discussion is closed.
The_Barman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Okay this has been a problem for a while now. For years people keep saying to legalise hash but it never happens. Now its being declassed to a class C which i think is there with paracetemol...not to sure bout that. So that the police dont have to waste anymore time with it. Do you think they should just legalise it and then put tax on it like ****. They would get so much money for it, not to mention it would help all the ppl using it for health reasons.

What do you think....YES or NO???

Also if anyone thinks that it would mean everyone would be sitting around getting stoned outside/at home/at work then all the government have to do is give it the same laws as drink. Have to be 18 to buy drink (or look 18 lol) and cannot drink at work etc....What d'ya think???
Ryoku
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
should definatly be legolised, the money from taxes could be used to fund schools, hospitals ect. Plus, canabis is healthier for you than tabaco!
I think that several tabaco companies are already finishing plans for 'green' brands that have canabis in. wonder if the'll use hash or grass?
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Of course it should be legalised. It was only made illegal in the first place as it was used to be nothing more than a political scape goat. Plus, if you do have it legalised, then you will lose a lot of the problems that are associated with it, and also have the ability to control it. Imagine selling a packet of joints for $10 or 7pounds. Automatically you will have about three times as much as your average 'stick'/'foil' contains (at least that is by Australia's terms) and it could be chemically treated so as not to be quite as bad for you. Also, a 'stick' costs around $25-$35 here in Australia, so by selling a cigarette sized packet of 30 joints for $10 you're going to have a sure fire way of getting the **** off the black market so to speak. I'm all for legalising it. You can't go wrong if you do.
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by The_Barman)
Okay this has been a problem for a while now. For years people keep saying to legalise hash but it never happens. Now its being declassed to a class C which i think is there with paracetemol...not to sure bout that. So that the police dont have to waste anymore time with it. Do you think they should just legalise it and then put tax on it like ****. They would get so much money for it, not to mention it would help all the ppl using it for health reasons.

Also if anyone thinks that it would mean everyone would be sitting around getting stoned outside/at home/at work then all the government have to do is give it the same laws as drink. Have to be 18 to buy drink (or look 18 lol) and cannot drink at work etc....What d'ya think???
Yes!!! at the moment we are criminalizing something an entire generation does - nearly as much as drinking which is completely accepted! Besides that, we could introduce the grass tax and would have to pay less useless police controls ;-)
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yes i agree, you are all very convincing
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How boring, that seems to be a totally consensual thread... unanimously for the drug!!!

We need contradiction

Where is vienna???
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Matt the cat)
yes i agree, you are all very convincing
Why thankyou Matt the cat
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ben2111)
How boring, that seems to be a totally consensual thread... unanimously for the drug!!!

We need contradiction

Where is vienna???
Fine... It should not be legalised, because although not as bad for your body as cigarettes are, the long term effects are far far worse. Politicians were right to ban it in the first place, and legalising it will just make it more readily available to a generation that is younger still than those who experiment and use it regularly now. (hows that?) I would go on further, but unfortunately I've just received the call. The g/f ain't happy and I've got to get my ear chewed off. Tata
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by The_Barman)

people treat it as if it is anyway, the only difference is u cant buy it over the counter, personally i dont think it would make any difference what so ever, they might as well legalize it
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Fine... It should not be legalised, because although not as bad for your body as cigarettes are, the long term effects are far far worse. Politicians were right to ban it in the first place, and legalising it will just make it more readily available to a generation that is younger still than those who experiment and use it regularly now. (hows that?) I would go on further, but unfortunately I've just received the call. The g/f ain't happy and I've got to get my ear chewed off. Tata
FINALLY FIGHT ARGUMENT WAR!!!

It is already very easily available, I do not think it would get easier. It would on the other hand be easier for parents to check on their children, right now most paretns just do not expect their kids to smoke grass.
OH my god I am writing such nonsense but I had to contradict

No girlfriend calling me, must go to work :mad:
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ben2111)
FINALLY FIGHT ARGUMENT WAR!!!

It is already very easily available, I do not think it would get easier. It would on the other hand be easier for parents to check on their children, right now most paretns just do not expect their kids to smoke grass.
OH my god I am writing such nonsense but I had to contradict

No girlfriend calling me, must go to work :mad:
Y DON'T POEPLE SEE THAT IT CAUSES METAL DISORDER - IVE GOT A ANUITY TO PROVE IT! - SHES BIN SMOKING IT FOR AGES NOW N SHES IN N OUT OF THE LUITC ASSYLEM! PEOPLE MIGHT B FINE FOR A WHILE BUT YES ITS THE LONG TERM EFFECTS WHICH RUIN THE RETS OF UR LIFE!! sorry i just had to get that out.
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tribi18)
Y DON'T POEPLE SEE THAT IT CAUSES METAL DISORDER - IVE GOT A ANUITY TO PROVE IT! - SHES BIN SMOKING IT FOR AGES NOW N SHES IN N OUT OF THE LUITC ASSYLEM! PEOPLE MIGHT B FINE FOR A WHILE BUT YES ITS THE LONG TERM EFFECTS WHICH RUIN THE RETS OF UR LIFE!! sorry i just had to get that out.
I have never heard of dope being the reason for becoming lunatic... where is the proof?
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If you're at all predisposed to mental problems dope is a really great way to kick it into action, but other than that I'm under the impression it can't actually induce mental disorders into perfectly healthy people.

Has anybody actually considered that the tax revenue might actually be needed to treat all the extra people with *******sed up lungs, schizophrenic symptoms, and lack of motivation. It doesn't make sense to me that you tax something so you can afford to offset its costs.
Evil Muffin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Did you catch some of that smoke? You're spelling's not great.
Actually, I agree with you in part, though without all the hyperbole. Several of my friends smoke it and they're not 'in and out of the lunatic asylum,' in fact they're quite coherant. However, one of them (who's been smoking it the longest) has recently been acting really weirdly and doesn't seem to have much interest in anything anymore, which I think is to do with the excessive dope smoking. The links with schizophrenia are a bit worrying too.

Like anything, in moderation only.
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Yeah but if your gonna say that bout hash then what about alcohol....its a slow way of killing your health aswell!! Like i said it is the same as drink! I aint sure bout legalising grass....well not yet anyways...first legalise the sifter stuff then we'll see :-D
Ryoku
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
canabis is the softest illegal drug, and it isn't half as adictive as smoking is! The government does need the money from the taxes.
The most dangerouse thing bout canabis is that it is often mixed with other drugs so that drug sellers can sell more from the same crop, if it was legalised, safer compounds could be used to dilute the canabis, so making it healthier!
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ryoku)
canabis is the softest illegal drug, and it isn't half as adictive as smoking is! The government does need the money from the taxes.
The most dangerouse thing bout canabis is that it is often mixed with other drugs so that drug sellers can sell more from the same crop, if it was legalised, safer compounds could be used to dilute the canabis, so making it healthier!
The taxes are needed? Fooooooor what? To pay for the increase in NHS bills?
Ryoku
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no, for schools, i've missed loads of lessons cause my teachers have to cover another lesson, hospitals, roads, immigration control! Where are the funds without putting strain on those that can't afford it!
fishpaste
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ryoku)
no, for schools, i've missed loads of lessons cause my teachers have to cover another lesson, hospitals, roads, immigration control! Where are the funds without putting strain on those that can't afford it!

What about the health aspects of cannabis? We've all seen the imperial stats on how cannabis rots your lungs at 4x the speed of tobacco. Can we really afford to be treating more people for lung cancer? Or provide therapy and drugs for people who do not react well mentally after smoking it? And can we afford to lose those working days when people are too high to make it to the office? Hyperbole maybe, but it's a point, taxes are there to correct externalities which exist, the idea of legalising to tax would be like creating an externality then using a tax to get rid of iit. A bit silly.
Ryoku
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
got a point, but drinking is supposed to be at night, yet people get sick days from hangovers, canabis doesn't give you hangovers, and would probable be used in the same way as alcohol (aka after work)
There is always the risk that people will smoke can. like cigaretts if they are more readilly available, but it's a free country, shouldn't we be able to do what we want with our own bodies?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads