Now stuck on life, uni what do i do! Watch

dms
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello

I am a little stuck as I had planned last year to go to plymouth to do a year 0 aka foundation degree. I could do that then pay the large fee rise for course i wanted to do after the foundation degree. (the foundation degree and then the step up are seperate so i get re tested for the money) The idea of debt does not appeal and local colleges don't offer anything science related in the way of HE.

I could go for it and have the large lump of debt but im not sure how good the prospects for a job are. I could turn my back on it all and try and find an apprenticeship but i so far have no found any I would like to do.

any help would be nice

thanks - dee
Chemist548
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dms)
Hello

I am a little stuck as I had planned last year to go to plymouth to do a year 0 aka foundation degree. I could do that then pay the large fee rise for course i wanted to do after the foundation degree. (the foundation degree and then the step up are seperate so i get re tested for the money) The idea of debt does not appeal and local colleges don't offer anything science related in the way of HE.

I could go for it and have the large lump of debt but im not sure how good the prospects for a job are. I could turn my back on it all and try and find an apprenticeship but i so far have no found any I would like to do.

any help would be nice

thanks - dee
Don't do a foundation degree. It's just a scam. You'd be much better of doing your A-levels in one year, either self-taught or at a local college.

- cheaper (much, much cheaper)
- more possibilities as you can study any combintion of A-levels which can be used to get you onto any university course and into any university. (and are recognised for some jobs e.g. A-level math for accountancy)
- you'll actually get proper teaching at a HE college for A-levels, you DO NOT get proper teaching at unvirsity since you essentially have to teach yourself at uni).

Remember, it IS a scam. No doubt about it.

PM me for further advice.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.42%
No (445)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (153)
20.87%

Watched Threads