A-level or equivalent...Help! Watch

tom31
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all.

I'm a mature student (31) currently on an Access to Health Sciences course and am hoping to apply for the BDS at Newcastle for 2012 entry. I have been advised that I need to attain Distinction-level grades and so far I have gained solid Distinctions in all modules.

The problem I have is that the Access course does not contain a formal chemistry element, and instead has an "Immunopathology" module alongside the Applied Biology etc. I have spoken to the college and asked about doing a chemistry A-level in one year, and not only will they not allow me to do that, they stated that I would have to take a block of "4 or 5" A-levels if I want to do any at all, something that is just not feasible for me and would also totally defeat the object of doing the Access course.

What I was wondering is what any other mature students who have been in a similar position to myself have done, or if anybody else knows of a route to gain chemistry qualifications that is more feasible than doing a load of A-levels alongside it that I don't need?

Many thanks in advance to anybody who replies
tom31
Rep:
?
Anyone?
tom31
Rep:
?
Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions, please?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (63)
29.44%
No - I got the required grades (122)
57.01%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.55%

Watched Threads