The Student Room Group

10 Reasons Why Jack Wills Is Terrible

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You missed out the fact that they look like PJs.
Can look feminine? Lol, this is hardly an objection. Gender boundaries when it comes to fashion and most other areas are hardly as rigid as they were 100 years ago. And thank goodness.
Reply 22
Will I be the first one to mention the AWFUL gilet's that they sell? I despise jack wills, i'm more of a Topman guy,
Why do you care so much?

Let people wear what they want to wear ffs.
Reply 24
YEP. Jack Wills is vile, end of.
Reply 25
expensive prices for poor quality?
it's high street. it's made in sweat shops. it's not going to be amazing quality is it
Original post by hanaalou
expensive prices for poor quality?
it's high street. it's made in sweat shops. it's not going to be amazing quality is it

In comparison to items that cost a similar amount.
The most annoying thing is when people say they hate Jack Wills but yet are wearing a JW hoody or trackies..
Reply 28
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
I like Jack Wills! If you don't like it don't look/wear it then you wont be annoyed at how 'terrible' it is.

You like the brand and what you think it stands for.
Reply 29
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
In comparison to items that cost a similar amount.

I don't really find it any worse than items costing similar
Original post by wm123
Another hate thread?:rolleyes:

Maybe there should be more love around here.
Reply 31
only 10?
Reply 32
I've gone off Jack Wills a bit recently, but I have to admit that in comparison to A&F my Jack Wills clothes are actually pretty good quality.
Reply 33
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
1) Over Priced

Its horrendously over priced for the quality of clothes, £70 hoodies, £35 Tshirts just saying Jack Wills. Yes you can equally expensive brands like A&F but the A&F clothes are quite well made so to a lesser extent over priced.
No it's not, it's reasonable for what it is.

2) Its really Chav Wills

I come from a public school and I'd say easily more year 10's who wear jack wills are chavs and wear the hoodies with Gstar jeans and nike Air Max's, I sometimes notice this in town too. Its becoming more of a majority of chavs wearing Jack wills now
. You don't have to wear the hoodies and stuff do you. :rolleyes: They also do vintage style tops and tea-dresses, that's what I buy from there. You don't see chavs wearing those. Just because some scuzzy idiots buy one hoody, they don't represent the whole of the Jack Wills wearers.

3) Not really a University brand

A lot of the people who wear jack wills in my area definitely wont be going to university, they jumped right onto the 'its expensive and will make me look good' bandwagon.
As it's not even that expensive, this point fails. I know plenty of students, sixth form and university level, who wear it.

4) Some of the styles are awful

From the 'get the look' section.

I had to make sure I was looking at the mens section.

That looks fine.

5) Even Jack wills models are chavs

The models wearing chav shoes with a blazer and trackies, thats 2/3 chav apparel.

Trackies are for sport, but I agree with you about the shoes, they're strange and ugly.
[
B]6) Transgender Clothing

Left is female, right is male.
They don't even look that much alike.

7) Jack wills contributes to male impotence

Look how tight the models jeans are on this picture.

There clearly is a trend of impotence levels increasing and jack wills sales increasing showing a proportionality between them.

Witty.

8) Can look feminine

As a good example

I'd rather a guy looks like that than a violent, track-suit clad ignoramus.

9) Homewares section, painted pink and blue

Jack has gone around and painted random house hold items pink and blue and asked you three times the price for it, a very cunning business man.

Maybe some people actually like the iconic stripes?

10) Ladies Gym range but no mens

Thats no real issue, as like with most jack wills items they are unisex.

If you dislike it, why would you care anyway?
Original post by hanaalou
I don't really find it any worse than items costing similar

An A&F item will undoubtedly last much longer, the painted graphics on the T-shirts do not come off/fade even after a year. The clothes are pretty thick too and keep you warm. I've not had any of my Hollister clothes fall apart, fade or damage after a year.
Reply 35
Original post by Teveth

Whoa, bit judgemental. What would be wrong if he just happened to like the clothing, as I do? And no, I'm not on about hoodies and tracksuits, as I said earlier, they do vintage style tops and tea dresses too. I fail to see what's so 'wrong' about buying these.
I had a voucher for Jack Wills for Christmas so I bought a Jack Wills hoody with it. My 'fabulously British' jumper was made in Portugal...
Reply 37
So?
I don't like Jack Wills either but if you hate it so much, why go on about it? I get hating the "lifestyle" or whatever, but the clothes are just clothes, if you don't want to wear them then don't.
Original post by Teveth

Not really, i don't buy ALL my clothes from Jack Wills but the odds bits here and there are sometimes really nice. I don't buy it because i think it makes me look ''rich'' or ''pretentious''
Reply 39
Original post by joshgoldman
Really?

1) Over Priced - Matter of opinion.. You pay what, £30 for a tee at JW, and £100 for one at Armani. (Not meaning to insult Armani by making the comparison).

2) Its really Chav Wills - It's hardly a Nike Air Max tracksuit is it..

3) Not really a University brand - Well, just because at current times a majority of University students can't afford it.. It is the sort of clothing the epitome of a British University student would be wearing (especially from an outsiders point of view).

4) Some of the styles are awful - Opinion.

5) Even Jack wills models are chavs - What, you'd cross the road if you saw him walking along the pavement? I've never seen a chav walk casually in a blazer. (especially a Jack Wills one).

6) Transgender Clothing - Omg you're annoying me already.

7) Jack wills contributes to male impotence - Ever heard of 'Skinny jeans'?

8) Can look feminine - Real men wear pink.....

9) Homewares section, painted pink and blue - Shut up already.

10) Ladies Gym range but no mens - :angry:

Oh my God, I love you for this post. That is all. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest