Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of hooking up the internet at my grandparent's new home, all is going well. However both being in their 70s, they're not the kind to remember the long codes that routers have for their default name/passwords. I was just wondering if anybody knows how to access the settings for this particular brand of router? It's a brand I've never heard of, and can't find any results on google that aren't 3 or 4 years old. Any help would be greatly appreciated [=

ReputationRep:
    It'll either be "admin" and "admin" (maybe "password") or it'll be printed somewhere on the router or the documentation that came with it. More likely the second option, if it's a reasonably new router. If you have the manual, it should tell you how to reset the password.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah mine is an old ****ty D-Link and the default is "admin" and "password".

ReputationRep:
    My Dlink router default is just admin and no password

ReputationRep:
    nope

ReputationRep:
    To access router preferences, type in the address bar any internet browser 192.168.1.1

Username and password is usually a combination of "admin" and/or "password"

ReputationRep:
    Admin -
    Admin - password
    Admin - admin

Try those. There might be a sticker on the back of the router with the details.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.