Turn on thread page Beta

Am i just going to have to "man up" and get on with it? watch

Ok i have a lot of problems so i'll try and keep this as short s possible. Genuine advice would be much appreciated. Be as brutally honest as possible. I'm sick of hearing people'se bull**** such as "you'll be fine, don't worry your time will come e.t.c"
    However don't be a **** purely because you can.

Ok here we go.

I'm 19 almost 20 and I find myself in a sea of despair, true love may be waiting-but I don't know where.
    I'm a little shy, I don't know why-I'm so terrified of rejection that i cant even cry no matter how much i want to . If a girl makes the first move then i'll probably take the lead, however in the back of my mind there's that thought that she'll never like me and is only pretending.

What is it that the other guys have, that I aint got? From what I can tell, it aint a whole lot. I've seen guys with plaque covered teeth get girls.

It seems like no woman will ever want me. If that's the case, I'll never be happy.
    I've had terrible experiences with women which is why i'm like this. The first girl i liked got with my friend. Second one pretended i wasnt human and ignored me completely after confessing my feelings for her.
    My sister left me to die when i had Hepatitis A
    My mum never let me out with my friends throughout all my teens and then wonders why i'm so ****ed up. I ****ING HATE THEM BOTH!!

I can't get the idea out of my head that I'm not good enough for anyone.
    Stop thinking like that? Easier said than done.

Instead I went inside, kept my feelings locked up in my mind.
    It hurt a LOT but i got over it

If you have some advice don't hold back....I need to be steered on the right track.

TLR FOR THOSE WHO ARE IMPATIENT

I'm basically a guy who doesn't think a woman will ever love me, or even go out with me
    I swear sometimes i'm bipolar or something. I've even managed to convince myself that women don't love men. They only like big muscly guys who have money and treat them like ****. I'ma nice guy but not a "nice guy" It's crazy how I can lay in bed for 8 hours virtually every night without sleep just thinking about how worthless i am. However sometimes i feel like i'll be ok and i'll find a woman who'll love me and want me. But most of the time it's just eveil thoughts. I plan on upping my medication from 20 to 40mg if the doc agrees and also maybe more therapy/conunselling.

So i'm basically asking, to get over my multiple fears, will i just have to man up and just do it and face them head on no matter the consequences? I've read a few threads here that tell people to just DO IT NO MATTER WHAT.
    HELP ME

bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So i'm basically asking, to get over my multiple fears, will i just have to man up and just do it and face them head on no matter the consequences? I've read a few threads here that tell people to just DO IT NO MATTER WHAT.
    (
    Looks like you already know what you gotta do, either that or have things stay like this.

ReputationRep:
    After reading such a sad post, I was surprised at the random in there..

ReputationRep:
    Were you intentionally rhyming?:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    'I'm 19 almost 20 and I find myself in a sea of despair, true love may be waiting-but I don't know where.'

'What is it that the other guys have, that I aint got? From what I can tell, it aint a whole lot'

'If you have some advice don't hold back....I need to be steered on the right track.'

...did you intentionally make this all rhyming?

ooh didn't see the above post when i wrote this

ReputationRep:
    its all BS anyway, I'd rather be a cold, despicable and cynical person than love somebody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok i have a lot of problems so i'll try and keep this as short s possible. Genuine advice would be much appreciated. Be as brutally honest as possible. I'm sick of hearing people'se bull**** such as "you'll be fine, don't worry your time will come e.t.c"
    However don't be a **** purely because you can.

Ok here we go.

I'm 19 almost 20 and I find myself in a sea of despair, true love may be waiting-but I don't know where.
    I'm a little shy, I don't know why-I'm so terrified of rejection that i cant even cry no matter how much i want to . If a girl makes the first move then i'll probably take the lead, however in the back of my mind there's that thought that she'll never like me and is only pretending.

What is it that the other guys have, that I aint got? From what I can tell, it aint a whole lot. I've seen guys with plaque covered teeth get girls.

It seems like no woman will ever want me. If that's the case, I'll never be happy.
    I've had terrible experiences with women which is why i'm like this. The first girl i liked got with my friend. Second one pretended i wasnt human and ignored me completely after confessing my feelings for her.
    My sister left me to die when i had Hepatitis A
    My mum never let me out with my friends throughout all my teens and then wonders why i'm so ****ed up. I ****ING HATE THEM BOTH!!

I can't get the idea out of my head that I'm not good enough for anyone.
    Stop thinking like that? Easier said than done.

Instead I went inside, kept my feelings locked up in my mind.
    It hurt a LOT but i got over it

If you have some advice don't hold back....I need to be steered on the right track.

TLR FOR THOSE WHO ARE IMPATIENT

I'm basically a guy who doesn't think a woman will ever love me, or even go out with me
    I swear sometimes i'm bipolar or something. I've even managed to convince myself that women don't love men. They only like big muscly guys who have money and treat them like ****. I'ma nice guy but not a "nice guy" It's crazy how I can lay in bed for 8 hours virtually every night without sleep just thinking about how worthless i am. However sometimes i feel like i'll be ok and i'll find a woman who'll love me and want me. But most of the time it's just eveil thoughts. I plan on upping my medication from 20 to 40mg if the doc agrees and also maybe more therapy/conunselling.

HELP ME
    Hep A? thats the problem!

ReputationRep:
    Was it supposed to rhyme?

Edit: Beaten to it!

ReputationRep:
    A plate of Green Eggs and Ham'll sort you out :top:.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad you have pills and your talking to a therapist and all, are you completely honest with them and tell them this stuff you are feeling?
    I think you just need confidence, if you don't like yourself how can you expect a girl to like you?
    No one is saying be cocky or anything but everyone has good points and bad points, you are not worthless you just haven't come past a female who feels for you the way you do for her. I don't blame you for not liking women and all but were not all the same! I know you're nearly 20 but thats still young! If you were 50 and had this problem than i'd be concerned.
    Get some confidence, work on your self esteem and go out, meet girls, talk to them, be confident and don't just go for the first thing that comes along, get to know her make sure you like her and that she likes you.
    Don't let your issues and your past push women away!

ReputationRep:
    Bro, its confidence!

Well, I've read through your posts and you seem a bit down and a lot of stuff has happened.

The thing is i'd say its the fear of rejection and messing up again.
    Being scared of what other people think after you get rejected on the spot?
    Or if in a unfavourable relationship again?

Ok, well, are you happy at the moment? Have you got good friends? Hobbies and Interests? In Uni/Work/College?

IMO, before you seek out "the one", be happy with yourself first. Then build confidence (My way: nothing to lose and MAN UP myself). Then go Hunting.

(Original post by missgeorgia)
    After reading such a sad post, I was surprised at the random in there..
    That was supposed to read TLDR

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2011
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.