Is it better to text or call a girl the first time to ask her out? Watch

superman Zog
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi

I was wondering whether it would be better to text a girl or call a her?

I met this girl at the club last night and managed to ask for for her number. She gave it me and it was a real number, as her phone rang. But the trouble is I saw other people hit on her ( at least 4 other guys). But the trouble now is that I don't know what to do next.

What should I talk to about?
Do you think she will remember me?
Is it ok to call her 2 day later?
just incase some one else gets in the first, as I busy working tonight.

thanks
FloppyBunny789
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by superman Zog)
She gave it me and it was a real number, as her phone rang.
Bad experience bro?
sarahthegemini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ok firstly, just because 4 other guys hit on her, doesn't mean she is/was interested in them. I would say, text her instead of calling - but then I'm a bit weird and don't really like phone conversations, especially with someone I don't know well. And incase she doesn't remember you, it would save an awkward ten minutes of you trying to get her to remember who you are. So yeah, text.
ForKicks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi

I met this girl at the club last night and managed to ask for for her number. She gave it me and it was a real number, as her phone rang. But the trouble is I saw other people hit on her ( at least 4 other guys). But the trouble now is that I don't know what to do next.

What should I talk to about?
Do you think she will remember me?
Is it ok to call her 2 day later?

thanks

Text. Calling would be a bit too random
Phillipsherman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sarahthegemini)
Ok firstly, just because 4 other guys hit on her, doesn't mean she is/was interested in them. I would say, text her instead of calling - but then I'm a bit weird and don't really like phone conversations, especially with someone I don't know well. And incase she doesn't remember you, it would save an awkward ten minutes of you trying to get her to remember who you are. So yeah, text.
:lttd:
ForKicks
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Also, I hope you aren't planning on asking her out straight away?! Just ask her how the rest of her night was and something you were talking about. Standard stuff really
Drumzilla
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i'd text her, it's a bit more casual and i hate talking on the phone.
charcharchar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
text, but i wouldn't ask her out immediately, ask how she is and about her day etc and then drop a hint like oh was nice to meet you like to do it again sometime. that way its a lot more subtle
aarora
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How do you know she hasn't been giving her number out to other guys? ...
Tba90
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would say text much easier and also you can have a conversation before you ask her out.
Having a phone conversation with a random guy would be just awkward.

Good Luck
trooper6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi

What should I talk to about? See below
Do you think she will remember me? Yes
Is it ok to call her 2 day later? Yes

thanks
I feel that texting is just too impersonal for me.

What should you talk about?

You: “Hey this is superman Zog, we met the other night at ***** and you gave me your phone number so I thought I would give you a call. My friends and I sure had a great time although I probably drank too much as we closed the place down and went for breakfast at ******. Didn’t get home until **AM and then crashed until **PM. How did your night go?”

Her: ******************************** **********

You: “Was wondering if you would like to go out sometime this week and if so would like to know what day/time would be convenient for you.

Her: “Day/time”

Best wishes,
superman Zog
Rep:
?
(Original post by aarora)
How do you know she hasn't been giving her number out to other guys? ...
cus I saw her, give at least another number, she was dancing with a few guys.
aarora
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
cus I saw her, give at least another number, she was dancing with a few guys.
Yeah thats what I said! You still want to go out with her even though she hands out her number to other guys....
superman Zog
Rep:
?
Its been 3 days now, still haven't texed her. Been hesitating to much. cus I don't want to blow it. But I'm this late, I think I have already blown it. Bet some dudes already got in there.

well just going to do it now.
superman Zog
Rep:
?
(Original post by aarora)
Yeah thats what I said! You still want to go out with her even though she hands out her number to other guys....
Yes, I do, I thinks she fit. To be honest I've never been out with a girl, I'm 28.

First time in ages I went up to a girl and ask for her number. I kind of stumbled but still got her number. Too loud to have much of a coinversation, Before she said I have to go back to my friend. didn't think it went to well that night.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (273)
27.25%
No (729)
72.75%

Watched Threads