Accommodation Watch

vikky_fox
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So I'm going to Reading this year and I need some advice on which accomodation is the best. All I know is that I definitely want to go self-catered and an en-suite room would be nice but isn't essential.

I'm quite shy as a person so I want to go somewhere really sociable so I meet people. I've heard that Wessex Hall is good in this respect and quite cheap as well but I'm still not sure...

Please help
FTstudies
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Are you bothered about cost? Mackinder/Stenton are obviously expensive, but they are definitely worth it! The 31 week contracts are only about 4 grand, compared to the full term which is an extra thousand. I won't lie, the pricey-ness of them is a put off, but I'm just in the mindset of, you're only going into halls once, you'll only be a fresher once, might as well get the best of everything!
teshnit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wessex isnt ensuite, have a look at St George's Hall
moonrunna
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by vikky_fox)
So I'm going to Reading this year and I need some advice on which accomodation is the best. All I know is that I definitely want to go self-catered and an en-suite room would be nice but isn't essential.

I'm quite shy as a person so I want to go somewhere really sociable so I meet people. I've heard that Wessex Hall is good in this respect and quite cheap as well but I'm still not sure...

Please help
St. George's hall is perfect. I live there this year (self catered, shared bathrooms). There are roughly 5 baths and 2 showers on my floor of about 20 people, which are cleaned like twice a week (more than enough).

As for being sociable, I think that's possible in any halls. However, next year I will be one of 11 people arranging freshers week for St. George's residents. We hit it Hard and its brilliant

Any questions just PM me
Gemzaar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There is also Sheffield. Its self-catered and has en-suite and is quite cheap.
teaandcoffee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemzaar)
There is also Sheffield. Its self-catered and has en-suite and is quite cheap.
The OP is going to Reading.
Miss.Naughty
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I stayed in Bulmershe halls first year! It was lovely have some good memories! The atmosphere is nice as it's a small campus and the rooms are relatively nice with en-suite as well as being self catered. I'm not sure how much it is to stay there now but for my first year it was just over 3k for the year.
Gemzaar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by teaandcoffee)
The OP is going to Reading.
I meant the Sherfield accommodation.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.6%
No (440)
60.61%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.8%

Watched Threads