Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be doing Marketing at the Aytoun campus next sept, i've been looking at places to live such as Mill point and oxford court. I cant seem to find many images or reviews on oxford court though (N) Anyone got any feedback who has visited or seen there before?

Or does anyone know of anywhere else better? I am wanting to spend around the £100pw and must be en-suite.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Have you been on the Opal student accommadation website? Ive just put my deposit down for Mill point which is £109pw and a en-suite. cant wait now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying Fashion Buying at Hollings campus but definately gonna apply for All Saints halls 8) They're the liveliest! Not sure what to do though.. Oxford court (flats of 5people) or Cambridge/Cavendish (coridoors of 12 people), Oxford is the only en-suite, cambridge & cavendish your coridoor shares 2 shower rooms and 2 toilets.. I kinda want an en-suite though but scared if i get put in a flat with people i just dont get on with at all :/ it'd be horrible sharing a flat with people your not even remotely on the same level with etc lol not sure what to do!

ReputationRep:
    I live at Milly P at the moment and its actually pretty damn good. I'm living here next year too with my ickle flat family.

Having the shops at the station within a few minutes walk is SUCH a lifesaver

And the staff on whole are pretty sound, especially the maintenance guys who keep the flat going for you all year round.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really torn between mill point and oxford court now.. I aint got a clue which one I want to stay at and I need to make my mind up fast since people have already put deposits down for mill point.

I supose I would be closer to my campus at mill point but oxford court is about £10 cheaper per week I think.. and its not exactly too far away..

I've heard good things about them both..

Has anyone got any pictures of oxford court I did look at a few on the opal web site..

Wish i'd visited while I was down in manchester probably wont have to chance now (n)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikita21)
    Have you been on the Opal student accommadation website? Ive just put my deposit down for Mill point which is £109pw and a en-suite. cant wait now.
    I'm just applying for mill point now would rather be nearer to campus..

Was there anywhere to put what type of people you want to be put with?

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats why i picked it because its so near. all they asked on the online application was do you prefer mixed or same sex? or smoker or non-smoker. I just ticked them all as i dont mind within them options. it dosnt give you any other types like age or your interests etc? so lets just hope we get people we want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikita21)
    yeah thats why i picked it because its so near. all they asked on the online application was do you prefer mixed or same sex? or smoker or non-smoker. I just ticked them all as i dont mind within them options. it dosnt give you any other types like age or your interests etc? so lets just hope we get people we want.
    I only got asked about mix or same sex, they didn't ask me about smoking. It would be a lot better if they asked more questions to help match you with other similar people... I would be gutted to be put with people who were just boring and weren't outgoing.

Oh well, still can't wait to go now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ejporteous1)
    I'm studying Fashion Buying at Hollings campus but definately gonna apply for All Saints halls 8) They're the liveliest! Not sure what to do though.. Oxford court (flats of 5people) or Cambridge/Cavendish (coridoors of 12 people), Oxford is the only en-suite, cambridge & cavendish your coridoor shares 2 shower rooms and 2 toilets.. I kinda want an en-suite though but scared if i get put in a flat with people i just dont get on with at all :/ it'd be horrible sharing a flat with people your not even remotely on the same level with etc lol not sure what to do!
    I don't know about cavendish but Cambridge is flats of 5 or 10 : )

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.