Turn on thread page Beta

Girl's why do you look away/avoid eye contact watch

if a guy stares at you and you immediately without making eye contact look the opposite way. Does that mean you think the person's ugly ? or you don't even bother to acknowledge the fact there staring at you consistently

ReputationRep:
    leave her alone, she is trying to tell you SHE IS NOT INTERESTED.

ReputationRep:
    It means we don't want to engage with you. Holding eye contact with a man can be quite sexually charged.

Can making eye contact be considered as stalking?

ReputationRep:
    hold it if he's got nice eyes :love: then probably look like an idiot when i realise he's looking at the girl behind me :/

ReputationRep:
    Its because you look a little bit rapey probably

ReputationRep:
    *Insert any of the following:
    rape/Chloroform/you look like a weirdo/you look like a stalker/girls don't always want to be stared at*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    if a guy stares at you and you immediately without making eye contact look the opposite way. Does that mean you think the person's ugly ? or you don't even bother to acknowledge the fact there staring at you consistently
    Personally if a hot guy stares at me i look away because i'm shy and think he's too good for me

ReputationRep:
    there staring at you consistently
    Might have answered your own question, brah.

(Original post by Sisely)
    Personally if a hot guy stares at me i look away because i'm shy and think he's too good for me
    But would always avoid eye contact , never look the person in the eye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry.C)
    Might have answered your own question, brah.
    Had to thumbs that up

But in all fairness i am pretty sure this guy is stalking this girl . Girls who avoid eye contact aren't interested . Enough said

ReputationRep:
    So you don't assume they are approachable. Sad times bro.

ReputationRep:
    It could be a number of possibilities:

- She fancies you
    - You make her feel nervous for some reason
    - It is natural to look away as you don't want people to think you are staring at them
    - She doesn't like you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcharchar)
    hold it if he's got nice eyes :love: then probably look like an idiot when i realise he's looking at the girl behind me :/

I'd look at you. :love:

Hopes Dizzee doesn't see this :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubs_ski)
    I'd look at you. :love:

Hopes Dizzee doesn't see this :ninja:
    whos dizzee? :P

ReputationRep:
    it depends who the guy is. there is one guy in school who i always manage to talk to while drunk and i can never keep eye contact with him while sober as he is one of the "popular" crowd and i worry over what he will think :P however with most other guys i can keep eye contact with

ReputationRep:
    you're not doing it right

practice the :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going sit staring into the eyes of some random on the bus, thats just bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    she probably thinks you're butters I just stare at women to make them feel on edge, it seriously is funny :lol:

Next time you're on the tube/bus or whatever just stare at them for as long as possible you might get lucky :yep: when you challenge normality people react in a multitude of different ways :P

ReputationRep:
    I feel like it'd be creepy to stare back. They might just be staring somewhere that happens to be where I'm sitting, or they might be looking at someone else. Eve if not, it might come across as weird.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2011
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.