Did you go to all of your interviews? Watch

This discussion is closed.
theaman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Did everyone go to all of the interviews that you were meant to go to?

Do you have to go to all of your interviews and what do the university say if you don't attend them?
amexblack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I didn't turn up to my UCL interview. Haven't heard anything ... the tracker is still blank for UCL.
theaman
Rep:
?
So, if you dont go to all of your interviews, what will UCAS say?

Do you have to go to all of your interviews?
kenkennykenken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
So, if you dont go to all of your interviews, what will UCAS say?

Do you have to go to all of your interviews?
If you don't go to the interview, then the university might not give you an offer, and might reject you, and thats what it'll say on your UCAS page thing. You should go to the interview tho if you want to go to that uni, but if its a place where you wouldn't want to go anyway, then dont bother going to the interview.
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my firend didn't go to an interview and eventually the tracker came up with "declined" or "unsuccessful" - something like that.
You should really let them know if you're not going though - it's only polite.
theaman
Rep:
?
(Original post by kenkennykenken)
If you don't go to the interview, then the university might not give you an offer, and might reject you, and thats what it'll say on your UCAS page thing. You should go to the interview tho if you want to go to that uni, but if its a place where you wouldn't want to go anyway, then dont bother going to the interview.
Ok, thanks kenkennykenken.

I don't want to go to this particular university but I didn't know what to do about interviews. The uni wants to know whether I still want to go there or whether I want to withdraw my application. Should I e-mail back or write to them?

Do you know what to do when rejecting a uni?
kenkennykenken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok, thanks kenkennykenken.

I don't want to go to this particular university but I didn't know what to do about interviews. The uni wants to know whether I still want to go there or whether I want to withdraw my application. Should I e-mial back or write to them?

Do you know what to do when rejecting a uni?
Email them to say that you are withdrawing your application, coz most admissions tutors actually check their inboxes everyday. Erm...just be polite and dont say "i quit, your uni sucks!" they wont be too happy bout that :rolleyes:
the_passenger
Report 16 years ago
ahhh, i didnt kno they could reject you if you didnt go to an interview...oh dear...

leeds sent me a letter to go for an interview...but as they put it "an informal group interview for a chance to ask any questions..."

so i assume it wasnt a one to one kind (so not as important?!)

but i couldnt go, as it was really short notice, like 2 days before i was supposed to go, as id been to southampton for an interview there in the same week...and so i emailled them and explained why...but they havent got back to me...does that mean they are angry at me! and will decline my offer...ajdsklajskljs. rah.

erm, oh no...im quite worried now.
Ben.S.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amexblack)
I didn't turn up to my UCL interview. Haven't heard anything ... the tracker is still blank for UCL.
I did exactly the same - I felt really guilty about it, though.

Ben
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kenkennykenken)
If you didn't want to go to the place you shouldn't have applied for it.

Musicboy
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Did everyone go to all of the interviews that you were meant to go to?
I visited all of my chosen universities because it meant a day out going to a relatively unfamiliar place, travelling on a long journey, meeting new people, finding out more about the place and missing a day of school. These are exciting things.

Do you have to go to all of your interviews and what do the university say if you don't attend them?
You really should. You chose the university and you should show that you are interested, at least. If you don't turn up, it is likely they will reject you.

J.
spam
Report 16 years ago
i didnt go to my one at UEA for medicine it was supposed to be today, but i emailed n told them and they rang to check so in effect i rejected them, which is kinda cool!! lol! it was cos i already have two offers and they were my last choice, it should ceom up with reject now on ucas soon!
Leeroy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Check what sort of interview it is; Bath invited me for an informal interview to help them make a decision; i politely declined, but still recieved an offer. Oxford on the other hand invited for interview, which is basically what they make their decision on, so i obviously went (didnt get in btw lol)
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I went to all of my interviews.

It's OK not to go if you already have offers from places you'd rather go to, however, you really should contact UCAS/universities to withdraw your application. Someone else who WANTS to go to that uni and would be otherwise rejected may be offered it instead.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I was invited to Nott to take a test for law....but i decided not to go and i have withdrawn my application. I didn't see the point in going when i've already got my first choice as well as potential backups

G
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (218)
68.13%
No (102)
31.88%

Watched Threads