on ebay it says that the books are 1p each?? Watch

pleasehelpme...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
so if i bought a lot og them would it charge me for the delivery of 1 book or the delivery of all the books i purchased for a penny each

??????????????
angelbones
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends if you buy them all from the same seller. If you did, then they'd probably deliver them all together.
pleasehelpme...
Rep:
?
(Original post by angelbones)
Depends if you buy them all from the same seller. If you did, then they'd probably deliver them all together.
tjhanks alots
Girl Overboard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No - you'd usually pay full postage for each item. Because obviously if you buy ten books its going to cost the seller a lot more in postage than one book would.

Although some sellers offer price/delivery reductions for each additional item you order from them. They'll say on the listing if they do this.
pleasehelpme...
Rep:
?
(Original post by Girl Overboard)
No - you'd usually pay full postage for each item. Because obviously if you buy ten books its going to cost the seller a lot more in postage than one book would.

Although some sellers offer price/delivery reductions for each additional item you order from them. They'll say on the listing if they do this.
so when i add the items to the basket will it display the price it'll cost me?? i don't wanna find out i owe the postman extra money i didn't kno bwt...
dodgymonkey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pleasehelpme...)
so when i add the items to the basket will it display the price it'll cost me?? i don't wanna find out i owe the postman extra money i didn't kno bwt...
best option is to just message them asking to discount the p+p if you were to buy loads of them..
pleasehelpme...
Rep:
?
(Original post by dodgymonkey)
best option is to just message them asking to discount the p+p if you were to buy loads of them..
i don't rly know much about ebay but my sisters birthdays coming up, nd she asked for 20 books..so i thought the best resort would b ebay

besides it'll only cost me 20p plus the delivery, but it says the delivery's 2.50 so would it work out like 2.50 x 20p??
pleasehelpme...
Rep:
?
i mean 2.50x20*
dodgymonkey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i don't rly know much about ebay but my sisters birthdays coming up, nd she asked for 20 books..so i thought the best resort would b ebay

besides it'll only cost me 20p plus the delivery, but it says the delivery's 2.50 so would it work out like 2.50 x 20p??
yeah so you'll end up paying £50.70.

I'd strongly advise you contact the seller before buying that many, they could take it down to under £15 altogether.
pleasehelpme...
Rep:
?
(Original post by dodgymonkey)
yeah so you'll end up paying £50.70.

I'd strongly advise you contact the seller before buying that many, they could take it down to under £15 altogether.
yeah but just in case will the price of the delivery totals + price of items etc appear in the basket or nt??
dodgymonkey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yeah but just in case will the price of the delivery totals + price of items etc appear in the basket or nt??
If you contact them and they approve it they should invoice you a different price. Don't do anything for now, just wait for their reply, and if you're confused ask them to explain what they're doing.
marcusfox
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
These books, they aren't eBooks, but real printed paper ones, right?
pleasehelpme...
Rep:
?
(Original post by marcusfox)
These books, they aren't eBooks, but real printed paper ones, right?
yh
Vohamanah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its an auction site, you don't normally have a "basket" as such. Read the listing and see what it says about delivery. If they are different sellers you will have to pay the full P+P for each book. If it is the same seller you may be able to get a discount as the previous poster said, by contacting the seller before bidding on anything.
Nayberay
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Vohamanah)
Its an auction site, you don't normally have a "basket" as such.
Actually yes you do, on eBay if you buy an item now compared to an actual bidding auction then you have the option to 'add the item to your basket'.

--
OP email the guy for discounted shipping if your buying so many.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (146)
18.23%
No (487)
60.8%
Not really bothered about them (168)
20.97%

Watched Threads