Turn on thread page Beta

Do I take revenge on my ex? watch

Announcements

I met my ex when i was about 20, he was my first boyfriend. He turned out to be twice my age and a real player. But I fell in love with him. I was also a virgin. Meanwhile he was sleeping around alot. I found out he had been pretty much living with another girl. Then he found out that I found out and he dumped me.

I told the girl he was cheating on her with me. He lied to my new bf and told him I had lost my virginity to him already (this is a big deal in our culture, and not true). Almost three years later, I somehow am still in love with him. But yet I hate him for hurting me so much with all his cheating, and I am a young girl, but have wasted many nights crying over this guy and many months of youth only being in love with him and not dating anyone else.

An opportunity has arisn for me to take revenge on him. It involves staging a theft and framing him for it. Nothing would actually be stolen, and only really him and the girl he cheated on me with would know about it. She would probably dump him for it.

Should I do it. On the one hand I would feel closure for all the hurt he put me through. On the other hand it is a nasty trick.

What do you decide.

Sorry, anyone??

You're both a little crazy but you should move the feck on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    do you think revenge will give closure faster?
    To be honest I thought OP was you.

ReputationRep:
    What makes you seriously think that you would be any better than him by lying and acting so bad yourself?
    Be a better person than him and get on with your life and make it so much better than the life you would have had with him. Believe me that if something would make you feel better.

ReputationRep:
    Just ignore and leave the idiot. That's by far the best revenge, every other revenge will clearly show him how much you really care.

ReputationRep:
    Revenge is pathetic. You'll only lower yourself to his level.

It's cliche, but rise above it - you'll be the bigger person for it.

ReputationRep:
    I think the best thing you can do is just move on. Accept he's a **** and move on.

ReputationRep:
    this is why women are inferior

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Almost three years later, I somehow am still in love with him. But yet I hate him for hurting me so much with all his cheating, and I am a young girl, but have wasted many nights crying over this guy and many months of youth only being in love with him and not dating anyone else.

What do you decide.
    Wow, talk about a woman scorned. Why is it three years later he still seems to be part of your life? I agree with the above posts, you should cut him out of your life completely and forget about him (something you should have done three years ago). Easier said than done, but acting liike this is just going to make you a bitter twisted person.

ReputationRep:
    No, just get on with your life. It will be more hassle than its worth in the long run and if you do, he'll know that you still care. Just learn from your mistake and move on.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I'd gotten revenge on my ex.....you can buy crab eggs online and put them on clothes, bedsheets etc, and totally infect someone! I really wanted to do it as i still lived with him for a while after so getting in his room would have been easy but I was really poor at the time, and I concluded that paying for food was probably more important :P

i wouldnt do something if there was a chance (no matter how slim) that id get caught and get in trouble for from higher authorities....a frame for theft sounds pretty risky But i say get revenge if you can! too many crap guys get away with treating girls terribly with no thought or consequence and if you can execute a good plan which keeps your intentions secret then you should go for it.

ReputationRep:
    the best revenge is to take a dump in a bowl, then cover it in chocolate ice cream, sauce and sprinkles, then give it to him as a peace offering revenge done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I met my ex when i was about 20, he was my first boyfriend. He turned out to be twice my age and a real player. But I fell in love with him. I was also a virgin. Meanwhile he was sleeping around alot. I found out he had been pretty much living with another girl. Then he found out that I found out and he dumped me.

I told the girl he was cheating on her with me. He lied to my new bf and told him I had lost my virginity to him already (this is a big deal in our culture, and not true). Almost three years later, I somehow am still in love with him. But yet I hate him for hurting me so much with all his cheating, and I am a young girl, but have wasted many nights crying over this guy and many months of youth only being in love with him and not dating anyone else.

An opportunity has arisn for me to take revenge on him. It involves staging a theft and framing him for it. Nothing would actually be stolen, and only really him and the girl he cheated on me with would know about it. She would probably dump him for it.

Should I do it. On the one hand I would feel closure for all the hurt he put me through. On the other hand it is a nasty trick.

What do you decide.

Hi sweetie, I know exactly how you feel right now. However it's not love you're feeling for this guy, it's definitely lust with a hint of nostalgia (wish I could take my own advice!)
    I'd say leave well alone and try to move on, you deserve way better than some cheating scumbag, by thinking about revenge you're still thinking about him and that's not what you wanna be doing.
    Also, he'll realise someday that he is in fact a jerk, he's probably already realised it, a lot of guys and girls go through something similar in their young years, you're not alone- don't see it as wasted time but rather something to learn from .
    Hopefully he can feel some kind of guilt, but I highly doubt he's having a better time than you unless you keep feeling so down about him! The best way to get your so called "revenge" would be to have an awesome time without him, show him you don't give a toss what he's up to anymore and maybe someday he'll realise everything he threw away.

Best wishes xo

ReputationRep:
    OP, don't take revenge. Don't sink to that level, just move on and clear your head about it. Whats done is done. You'll feel better that way

ReputationRep:
    I mean, if you got nothing goin' on in life may as well, may keep you occupied for a while & give you something to do :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Kidnap his cat. But don't be mean to the cat.

Thank you everyone. My problem is, my new bf is Bengali. Because my ex lied and said I had lost my virginity to him, now the new bf is saying he isn't sure that we can get married, even though he says he doesnt believe my ex. The Bengali culture is such that if the woman has had any previous relationship she cannot really get married because having previous boyfriends is not allowed in Islam.

So my ex has slandered my reputation and hurt me for so many months. I overwhelmingly want to hurt him and ruin his reputation too.

Also. The theft. My ex's partner has started a web business and has spend many hundreds of pounds on advertising, poster, leaflets, website and prides herself that it it her own business. But I found that my ex is secretly selling his own products using her brand name to share in her advertising and promtional materials. She doesn't no this. So I was going to pretend I'd bought some product from him, and email her or call her with a query about the product. She will be like 'Oh, I dont sell XYZ. Then I say no I bought it from Afzal.' Then she will know he has been trying to profit in on her business name. She will think he has been making money from her business and not giving her any. Which is sort of true. He will deny everything. They will break up, and he looks like a theif.

ReputationRep:
    Cut off his balls.

(Original post by zoewolff)
    I wish I'd gotten revenge on my ex.....you can buy crab eggs online and put them on clothes, bedsheets etc, and totally infect someone! I really wanted to do it as i still lived with him for a while after so getting in his room would have been easy but I was really poor at the time, and I concluded that paying for food was probably more important :P

i wouldnt do something if there was a chance (no matter how slim) that id get caught and get in trouble for from higher authorities....a frame for theft sounds pretty risky But i say get revenge if you can! too many crap guys get away with treating girls terribly with no thought or consequence and if you can execute a good plan which keeps your intentions secret then you should go for it.
    LOL. I am not normally a vengeful person. But becuase he has hurt me for so many years. I am very angry this time. So I feel guilty but also want to revenge on him.

I agree with your bit in Italics. I don't want to feel like you and regret not taking revenge years later. There is no chance I would get caught.

I wouldn't do the crab thing though. That is too gross.

(Original post by Elf)
    Hi sweetie, I know exactly how you feel right now. However it's not love you're feeling for this guy, it's definitely lust with a hint of nostalgia (wish I could take my own advice!)
    I'd say leave well alone and try to move on, you deserve way better than some cheating scumbag, by thinking about revenge you're still thinking about him and that's not what you wanna be doing.
    Also, he'll realise someday that he is in fact a jerk, he's probably already realised it, a lot of guys and girls go through something similar in their young years, you're not alone- don't see it as wasted time but rather something to learn from .
    Hopefully he can feel some kind of guilt, but I highly doubt he's having a better time than you unless you keep feeling so down about him! The best way to get your so called "revenge" would be to have an awesome time without him, show him you don't give a toss what he's up to anymore and maybe someday he'll realise everything he threw away.

Best wishes xo
    Thanks, thats a real sweet post. I cant stop thinking of him whether it is out of love or hate or anger which is why I need revenge I think, to slam the door on all of this. He is definately having a better time than me. I am bogged down with work, study and feeling sorry for myself. He is partying all the time with his new gf(s) and doesn't care about how much he hurt me. I saw all the pics on Face Book. Pretending to have a great time without him is not a good revenge because he doesn't care anymore about me.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.