Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    6.6 million tickets for the Olympics in London next year are available for application from today.
    • What event will you be applying for?

• How do feel about the prices for some of the tickets? Some are as high as £2,012.

• How do you feel about your chances for getting a ticket? The chances of getting a ticket for a high demand sport such as the Men's 100m Final from a ballot.

• Will you try and get a ticket for a final or will you play it safe and apply for a random heat?

ReputationRep:
    honestly i will follow the events at my house...it won't be congested altough it will surely be jam packed with snacks and drinks (other than good people and a friendly atmosphere)

I was going to go with my mum. But we've just sat down to work it out, ie travel from where we live, the tickets itself (mum and I were looking @ the £290 odd tix for the athletics on the 5th Aug), and considering it doesn't start til 6:50pm til 9:55pm, mum said noway can she justify spending a large amount of £££ for 3hrs!!! Absolutely disgusting that they can charge such a ridiculous amount of money for it. Basically the prices are set @ a price range to suit those with a large back pocket. You're average joe won't be able to afford it.

So on the 5th Aug, I shall be staying @ home and watching from the comfort of my own own, where I'll probably see a lot more for free!!!

ReputationRep:
    I really do fancy buying a ticket.
    But i would be going to see a throwing event, probs the hammer, and the seats are usually quite a distance from the cage.
    Considering the price, im gonna stay at home and watch it. Even though they wont show any throwing events as usual

ReputationRep:
    3 million can watch all of the game

ReputationRep:
    I want to get tickets for the opening ceremony and maybe something else like football or athletics. But they are quite expensive!

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.