Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I sent my application form to five branches (to branch managers), that were listed on their sites as recruiting, last week. I have not heard from them since, is it too early to phone them about my application. Whats the average waiting time for the process at whsmith.

regards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolboy17)
    Hello,

I sent my application form to five branches (to branch managers), that were listed on their sites as recruiting, last week. I have not heard from them since, is it too early to phone them about my application. Whats the average waiting time for the process at whsmith.

regards
    what shall i do

what if they have thrown my application in the bin, and I phone them up. They won't know who i am.

Has anyone else applied to these branches recently, mainly the London ones. Have you heard from them.

ReputationRep:
    I applied over 6 weeks ago and phoned up after 2 weeks to check and was told they were still processing. I never heard anything and I mate of mine tried to apply a couple of weeks ago got told they aren't taking any more in and that they are still processing what they have.

ReputationRep:
    i applied just after doing my gcse's for summer work.. they got back to me just after the end of the hols :rolleyes: lol but here i am, sitting in my uniform

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Emily*)
    i applied just after doing my gcse's for summer work.. they got back to me just after the end of the hols :rolleyes: lol but here i am, sitting in my uniform
    If I phone them up, what shall I ask them, about my application.

--------------

If I phone them up, what shall I ask them, about my application. On their site, their still advertising for vacancies. I sent my form off about 3 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    If I phone them up, what shall I ask them, about my application.

--------------

If I phone them up, what shall I ask them, about my application. On their site, their still advertising for vacancies. I sent my form off about 3 weeks ago.
    Don't. If they were currently in a position to make you an offer they would have contacted you already. Last year I got unutterably sick of having to explain to people over the phone that we weren't going to hire them on the spot simply because they'd rung us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ardea)
    Don't. If they were currently in a position to make you an offer they would have contacted you already. Last year I got unutterably sick of having to explain to people over the phone that we weren't going to hire them on the spot simply because they'd rung us.
    Oh you work at Whsmith. Last year, I handed in my CV, during September time. I was wondering if they look at CV's.

ReputationRep:
    No, you need to fill in one of their application forms. I'm not sure whether this applies to all stores or not (but I'd presume so)- Smiths don't accept CVs.

At the moment though, they're most likely to be recruiting Christmas temps. Also, around this time they probably won't contact you unless they want to interview you. Don't worry about it though- apply to other jobs in the meantime so you have a backup if WHS don't contact you, and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    It's up to the individual store manager whether CVs are acepted or not. They were at my branch.

Realistically, the only vancancies that might still be unfilled will be night shift shelf stacking positions, and then only in the larger branches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ardea)
    It's up to the individual store manager whether CVs are acepted or not. They were at my branch.

Realistically, the only vancancies that might still be unfilled will be night shift shelf stacking positions, and then only in the larger branches.
    do you know any managers of other branches

ReputationRep:
    Hi sorry to bring up an old topic but i have an app form and dont know what to write for the following q's?!
    Give an example of what you have done to build good team spirit when working with others?

Please explain when you have recieved the best customer service?

What is you biggest acheivement so far? What obstacles did you face?

THANKS

ReputationRep:
    Only you are going to know the answers for those questions, as it's got to be what you've done.

For the first question you could say something like 'I offered to help someone who was struggling' or 'I arranged something fun to do once we'd finished working.'

The second one just needs to be an example of when someone in a shop has been helpful eg. They've helped you find something, they've given you a refund etc.

The last one could be something like 'I passed my Grade 6 piano' or 'I got an A in maths.' It doesn't even need to be academic, as long as you can write about what things made it hard to accomplish.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.