Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm trying to decide what accommodation to apply for.

I think I'm going for john foster but can someone please just explain nixon court to me? i.e. where is it? and is it going to be brand new in 2011? i've looked on the website but i don't really understand much about it. is it for undergraduates? self-catered or catered?

i probably sound really dumb but i'm just a bit unclear about what sort of accommodation it is/where it will be located!

thank you!

ReputationRep:
    well..... there are 2 types of accommodations.... City living and Oadby student Village. The student village is about 15 mins bus ride from the university where as city living(apart from Mary Gee) is around 10 mins walk. And Nixon Court comes under city living which means it's around 10 mins walk from the university. And no it is not going to be brand new but they are building a whole new block which is due to open soon for the 2011/12 year so if your lucky enough you might get into the new block but even the older ones arent that old so you should be fine wherever you get it. And city living has only self catered rooms. So if you want catered then you have to go for the student village. And the city living is a 42 week contract and oadby self catered is 39 and catered 30. So if you wont be staying for another additional 3 weeks after uni finishes in july then I'd advice you not to pay an additional £300 for the 42 contract one. Anw I hope that answered you questions.

ReputationRep:
    Almost all freshers stay in Oadby (or Mary Gee) though, there isn't one person I know who lives in city living. Even though the student village is a short bus journey to campus, I think the social side makes up for it by far. It is also in a fantastic area!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achilles91)
    Almost all freshers stay in Oadby (or Mary Gee) though, there isn't one person I know who lives in city living. Even though the student village is a short bus journey to campus, I think the social side makes up for it by far. It is also in a fantastic area!

You'd have to be clinically insane to want city living as a 1st year. I can see the attraction in 2nd and 3rd year when friends have been made and work starts to count, but 1st year?

Ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeanzMeanzHeinzWard)
    You'd have to be clinically insane to want city living as a 1st year. I can see the attraction in 2nd and 3rd year when friends have been made and work starts to count, but 1st year?

Ridiculous.
    Yeah, exactly!

ReputationRep:
    I know at least one person who is a first year this year and living in city living, Nixon Court as well funnily enough. They seem to like it as when talking about it, they've never complained about it.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.