Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well just an idea but instead of being rude to the hundreds of "What are my chances/options at postgrad?" threads that only illicit 1-3 responses. (which I kinda wanted to do) I suggest a place which amalgamates them all into one thread.

e.g You Post your

Undergrad Uni & course: (although I understand some people oddly hide under the religious "top 20/redbrick/russell cloak)
    Prospective Postgrad Uni & Course:
    Grades/Gpa:
    Experience:
    Other important info:

And people will hopefully give feedback.

This way it might be easier for people use the "search this thread" option in the top right corner to find previous posts of people in similar positions/grade bounderies/prospective course to themselves.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dat_Ngyuen)
    Well just an idea but instead of being rude to the hundreds of "What are my chances/options at postgrad?" threads that only illicit 1-3 responses. (which I kinda wanted to do) I suggest a place which amalgamates them all into one thread.
    Fine by me, although I suspect it will change little about the fundamental problem that there are far more people hoping to be told their chances (as if anyone could really tell them) than people willing to keep responding to those questions.:dontknow: And I'm a bit doubtful as to whether people actually look around the forum at all before posting. With a lot of those threads it seems as though the posters joined and offloaded their questions straight away, without bothering to look for the most appropriate place to post them...

Let's just see how this goes, though. I'll be happy to be proved wrong.

ReputationRep:
    maybe a slot for the uni being applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Thats what I thought. but you never know. If I have some time later on i'll incorporate some more tips so it possibly becomes a list of advice rather than a ask&response thread

ReputationRep:
    OK, nothing to lose!

Undergrad Uni & course: Swansea University, English Literature and Language (JH)
    Prospective Postgrad Uni & Course: Speech and Language Therapy MSc, hopefully UCL or Reading.
    Grades/Gpa: Currently running at an average of 71% (though I am only a second year)
    Experience: Voluntary work at a SLT youth group; voluntary work at a TEFL group for asylum seekers; a disabled sister with severe learning difficulties who has had many years of SLT.
    Other important info: Foundation qualification in BSL. Applied for a summer job (13 weeks) teaching English in a high school in China. Hopefully organised work experience with an SLT over Easter.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.