The Student Room Group

Caraniel's Splendid Spring Anime Preview 2011

:hello: Hi! Its that time again yes another new season of anime is just around the corner, so here I am on behalf of the Anime Society with the Spring Anime Preview!

Previous Season Summaries

Winter 2007/8

However first I have to mention the horrific events unfolding in Japan at the moment, the devastation inflicted by the massive earthquake, subsequent tsunami and potential nuclear crisis are hard to wrap your head around; such is the scale of the disaster. The Japanese people are holding themselves amazingly well in this time of crisis, but they will need lots of help to rebuild the battered coastal towns, so I’d urge everyone to donate whatever you can to the charity of your choice. I personally chose to give to the Red Cross, but there are many other agencies like Give2Asia
UNICEF & Global Giving sending much needed aid to Japan.

Anyway enough with the serious business, back to anime! Spring is a huge season and I’ve got about 40 shows on this list (and that’s not everything, I ignore kiddie stuff & movies), but it’s the usual mixed bag and there’s only a handful I’m actually excited about.

OK enough talking, onto the preview!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Moshidora

X-Men

Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream

Dog Days

Nichijou (Everyday Life)

Yondemasuyo, Azazel-san TV (You’re Being Summoned, Azazel-san)

Hen Zemi TV (Abnormal Physiology Seminar)

Hana-Saku Iroha

Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai (Under the Innocent Sky)

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi (A Bridge to the Starry Skies)

Gintama II

Sengoku Otome ~Momoiro Paradox~

Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Hakairoku-hen (Ultimate Gambler Kaiji S2)

30 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku (Health & Physical Education for year-olds)

Sket Dance

Hyouge Mono (Tea for Universe, Tea Life)

Aria the Scarlet Ammo (Hidan no Aria)

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko (Electromagnetic Wave Woman & Adolescent Man)

Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera

Maria+Holic Alive

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi (Worlds First Love)

Ao no Exorcist (The Blue Exorcist)

Astarotte no Omocha! (Lotte’s Toy)

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II (The World Only God Knows II)

Seikon no Qwaser II (Qwaser of Stigmata II)

Deadman Wonderland

Toriko

Tiger & Bunny

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai (Ano Hana)

C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

Showa Monogatari TV (Showa Story)

Steins;Gate

A Channel

Sofuteni

Fireball Charming

Tono to Issho: Gantai no Yabou

Appleseed XIII

OVA’s

xxxHolic: Rou Adayume

Kämpfer für die Liebe

Spelunker Sensei

Norageki

Nana to Kaoru

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And we’re done! Something there for everyone I hope. So thats, that! As ever keep an eye on the Fansub Wiki for who’s subbing what. I’ll be updating whenever Crunchyroll and FUNimation announce their simulcasts.

Look out for my 1st Impressions reviews when the season starts in April (although I may be late with those I’m in Prague for the 1st week).

Caraniel
Anime Society Deputy

Available on Crunchyroll:
Gintama II
Hana-Saku Iroha
Nichijou (Everyday Life)
Ore-tachi Ni Tsubasa wa Nai (Under the innocent sky)
Astarotte no Omocha! (Lotte’s Toy)
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
Sket Dance
Deadman Wonderland
Kami no Mizo Shiru Sekai (The World God Only Knows) 2
Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi
Sengoku Otome ~Momoiro Paradox~
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
No Caraisms but some things that made me :giggle:

A guide book teaching shy men around 30 how to date and have sex with women.

:rofl: sounds hilarious

Nichijou (Everyday Life) sounded interesting till I read Kyoto animation :indiff:

Electromagnetic Wave Woman & Adolescent Man
what a crap title :indiff:

when she fully matures her body will require a regular supply of semen to keep from wasting away,

...i had to check I read that correctly:indiff: sadly I did

K-ON! with no redeeming features at all

K-On had no redeeming features to begin with.:indiff:

A load of stuff Im not gonna want to be touching but quite a few that sound quite interesting :beard:

KAIJI :teeth:
[EDIT] Screw it. I'm going back to my old habits of picking up tons of series, since I'm on top of my work, am no longer depressed, and I'll have Easter to make a start on them all. So I'll be doubling my list. :biggrin:

Series I've already picked up:

Nichijou

Dog Days

Kaiji 2 - Am also blogging this.

X-Men

Maria+Holic Alive

Steins;Gate

Tiger and Bunny

Toriko

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

Deadman Wonderland

Seikon no Qwaser II

Hana-Saku Iroha

Hyouge Mono
(edited 13 years ago)
Hmm.

I'm probably going to pick up Appleseed XIII and Kaiji.

That's it. I think I'm becoming disenfranchised.

And... Where is Ai no Kusabi? Seriously! They announced that like two years ago or something! Is it too much to ask for a yaoi show that's not animated by Studio DEEN?
Original post by The_Pudding_Earl
And... Where is Ai no Kusabi? Seriously! They announced that like two years ago or something! Is it too much to ask for a yaoi show that's not animated by Studio DEEN?

From Wiki:

Ai no Kusabi Remake

A second, thirteen episode anime OVA adaptation, also from AIC, was scheduled to begin releasing in Japan Fall 2010. Akiyama was supposed to direct again and Onda would have provided the character designs. The screenplay would have been written by Yoshihara herself. Unfortunately, due to financial issues, the production has been cancelled for now. They managed however to release an 8 minute preview of the first OVA.
I'm currently only watching 2 shows (Index II and Fractale) which both finish this season. So I'll be needing to pick something up. Here's the ones that caught my eye...

Series
X-Men: Well, I said I’d watch both Iron Man and Wolverine, and I did… but only the first episodes of both. I don’t know why I didn’t get excited while watching it at least by Wolverine. It seemed miles better than Iron Man (while still not being perfect). Perhaps focusing on one character was the problem? I remember Iron Man as a child being an ensemble of different characters, and Wolverine was part of the X-Men, so perhaps an ensemble like X-Men might improve? I’ll give it a try…
Ao No Exorcist: It looks OK. I’ve been fairly interested in it since I saw some images a while back and read a synopsis. I mean, at the moment it’s looking like I wont be watching anything next season, but this could go in…
Ano Hana: Gotta have a bit of slice-o’-life on this list, I suppose. It looks interesting enough and might keep me intrigued. Well, if it’s a short (12-13 episodes) series, that is. Wouldn’t really want to keep it on for 24-26…
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control: Hmm… it sounds like an interesting premise… but also sounds like it could fall quite flat. Another to add to the list of possibles…

OVAs
xxxHolic: Rou Adayume: Hmm… don’t think I watched the last one yet… I’ll have to double check. But xxxHolic is by far one of my favourites: both in terms of style and content.
Reply 7
I think Ill leave kaiji untill its complete:s-smilie:, the first series was something I wanted to watch in one go and nearly did so I dont know if I could wait for a new ep every week:s:
Reply 8
I was unaware that this thread had been created otherwise I would have posted much sooner. I'm appreciative that you've managed to conjure up the incentive, despite your RSI, to address your thoughts on the upcoming season, Cara, so thank you. :smile:

I'm planning to sample the first episode of a whopping 20 from this season (or at the very least, I'll try). Obviously, I'll be unable to maintain this each week, so I'll make my decision as to whether I'll watch them weekly, put them on hold or drop them after the opening episode.

The 20 that I've selected are:

Dog Days
Tiger & Bunny
Nichijou
Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san
Hen Zemi
Toriko
Hanasaku Iroha
Showa Monogatari
Kaiji
Steins;Gate
Hidan no Aria
Maria Holic Alive
Ao no Exorcist
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Season 2
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai
Deadman Wonderland
Appleseed XIII

Upon watching the PV of them all, C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control and Deadman Wonderland peak my interest the most, but we'll have to see. :smile:
thanks cara :hugs:

omg so many series :eek3: gona watch the PVs first before deciding on which ones to watch :beard:

will watch:

Nichijou - Osaka and blue haired Chiyo :zomg: looks cute :h:
Hen Zemi
Hana-Saku Iroha - looks nice :h:
Kaiji 2 :woo:
30-sai no Hoken Taiiku :rofl:
Maria+Holic Alive :nosebleed:
Seikon no Qwaser 2 - :teeth: need to finish the first series..
Deadman Wonderland
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control - sounds really interesting, monies :teeth:
Steins;Gate - a txting microwave :rofl:
Kämpfer für die Liebe - hell yes :gah:
Spelunker Sensei
Norageki
Nana to Kaoru :rofl:

may watch:

Moshidora
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
Sket Dance
Ao no Exorcist
Ano Hana

thats probably the most series ive ever tried to take on in one season :eek2: :cool:

Juno
:teeth:

you might like Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi (Worlds First Love) :giggle:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Is that yaoi? :squee:
Original post by Juno
Is that yaoi? :squee:

yeah :giggle: and its made by the same staff as junjou :p:
Reply 12
SQUEE!

OMG how do I gets it?!
Original post by Juno
SQUEE!

OMG how do I gets it?!

you cant get it yet :puppyeyes: youll have to wait until they start releasing it next month, one ep per week :redface:
Reply 14
Original post by eugenius 8

Original post by eugenius 8
you cant get it yet :puppyeyes: youll have to wait until they start releasing it next month, one ep per week :redface:

So you tell me now and expect me to wait?!
Original post by Juno
So you tell me now and expect me to wait?!

sorry :sad:
Reply 16
OMG I FOUND THE TRAILER!

Crunchyroll will apparently be streaming the new Gintama, as well as Hana-Saku Iroha. :yes:
Reply 18
Crunchyroll also have Nichijou (Everyday Life) & Ore-tachi Ni Tsubasa wa Nai (Under the innocent sky)

EDIT: ......and Lotte's Toy :s:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by caraniel

Original post by caraniel
Crunchyroll also have Nichijou (Everyday Life) & Ore-tachi Ni Tsubasa wa Nai (Under the innocent sky)

It's April soon! :grin:

Quick Reply

Latest