Turn on thread page Beta

A Level Biology; Flexible Study Options watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I really want to be able to get back to Uni once my children are a little older, and so I'm going to do some A levels in the meantime. I grew up in Ireland, so we had Leaving Cert exams there but A levels carry better weight here (besides it being a long time ago and my brain needs a kick start!). I want to do a Biology A Level but having young children cannot do one full time, and possibly not evenings either as my husband is studying too. Ideally I 'd like to have some class contact time, anyone k now of Biology A levels that are taught over the weekend. If it comes to it I shall do it distance learning, but would obviously prefer former. Any suggestions?
    I live in North London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alainn)
    Hi,

I really want to be able to get back to Uni once my children are a little older, and so I'm going to do some A levels in the meantime. I grew up in Ireland, so we had Leaving Cert exams there but A levels carry better weight here (besides it being a long time ago and my brain needs a kick start!). I want to do a Biology A Level but having young children cannot do one full time, and possibly not evenings either as my husband is studying too. Ideally I 'd like to have some class contact time, anyone k now of Biology A levels that are taught over the weekend. If it comes to it I shall do it distance learning, but would obviously prefer former. Any suggestions?
    I live in North London.
    I'm afraid I have o knowledge of London geography so i don't know how far away Barnet college is from you but this was the closest thing I could find to what you were looking for on hotcourses.com - http://www.barnet.ac.uk/courses/disp...gy/1A106310W91
    It's an evening class on wednesday evenings that might be manageable if its only 1 evening a week? There was also this one:

http://www.trainingandcourses.com/al...8/details.html

But there's not a lot of info on there about it and it's also evenings... You might be better with something like an Access to HE course if you can manage through the day instead of evenings/weekends? It's like A levels but is aimed part time at adult students. Sorry couldn't help more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlwithsharpteeth)
    I'm afraid I have o knowledge of London geography so i don't know how far away Barnet college is from you but this was the closest thing I could find to what you were looking for on hotcourses.com - http://www.barnet.ac.uk/courses/disp...gy/1A106310W91
    It's an evening class on wednesday evenings that might be manageable if its only 1 evening a week? There was also this one:

http://www.trainingandcourses.com/al...8/details.html

But there's not a lot of info on there about it and it's also evenings... You might be better with something like an Access to HE course if you can manage through the day instead of evenings/weekends? It's like A levels but is aimed part time at adult students. Sorry couldn't help more!
    Hi,
    Thank you for that. Barnet is actually within travelling reach of me.. still trying to find a weekend one if possible (but no success yet). .. we shall see, one night a week is manageable - just means making plans and making it happen!! Thank You.

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.