Turn on thread page Beta

PLEASE DO MY POLL Media Vs. Society watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Are you influenced my the media?
    Yes!
    60.00%
    No, not at all.
    20.00%
    I don't pay attention to the media
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I need to do research for college and I'd so grateful if you could do my poll

ReputationRep:
    if find that i am increasingly influenced my the media! i watch adverts and want the product, i see cheryl cole wearing uggs... i want uggs. the media go to great lengths to influence us

ReputationRep:
    I also believe that society is under the influence of the media. I look around every day and I see wannabe Katie Price's. The medias influence goes much deeper than physical appearances though, it goes deep into the mind. We are surrounded by the media every way we turn so how could we not be influenced by it? But is it healthy?

ReputationRep:
    i agree with you that its a mental thing. i think it is actually quite scary how the media affects us.. and we don't even know it!!

thanks for replying btw guys, i was getting worried that no one else would!

ReputationRep:
    ya no peepz r influenzed by s*** all da tyme! no matta wat tis, we getz drawn in. u gurlz c jordan an fink she's buff yeh, u also wana look buff.

ReputationRep:
    I really hate such open ended, vague questions like this. EVERYONE is influenced by the media to some extent, unless you never used any media in your life. What do you mean, do we imitate what we see on the TV or in magazines for example?

ReputationRep:
    I voted that I don't pay attention to media, which I don't. However, no one is completely void of any sort of media here, so I don't think your poll is correct.

What I mean by it is I don't buy everything reported unless I see proof, I don't make an opinion based on someone else's and I completely avoid all that celebrity/sport/music crap that people seem to care so much about.

ReputationRep:
    I understand where you're coming from but I posted it in as bland terms as possible for the benefit of my graded unit. In the unit I will also be focusing on whether society influences the media? Does the media see what the society needs and give them it? Or does the media influence society on purpose, does the media "try to play God". What I mean is are people influenced by what they read in newspapers? Do people read left wing newspapers and begin to support left wing parties? Do people watch violent films then have a violent outlook on life, get into fights etc? I probably haven't explained my self very well but I hope that makes it clearer for you.

ReputationRep:
    The media are very influential. I don't want something as soon as I see it advertised but when I see the majority of people wearing new products then I want it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dream Weaver)
    I voted that I don't pay attention to media, which I don't. However, no one is completely void of any sort of media here, so I don't think your poll is correct.

What I mean by it is I don't buy everything reported unless I see proof, I don't make an opinion based on someone else's and I completely avoid all that celebrity/sport/music crap that people seem to care so much about.
    This.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.