Restarting My AS Year For Science? Watch

Josh Needs Help
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi All,

I'm currently in year 12 studying AS levels in maths, economics, sociology and computing. I'm predicted B's and A's in all of them. However i have decided that what i really want to do after college is a course in the sciences such as pharmacy or medicine.

I have an an offer from a different sixth form to start again this september taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths A2 and Sociology A2.

However, should i take it? Would i get into medicine or pharmacy as i have started again to take sciences?

Also would they look down on me having 4 A2 levels and 2 as levels?

I understand some people completely change choices to start again, but i'm keeping a couple on. It's all quite complicated.

So basically is it worth me accepting this place? Because it's pointless me doing so if i'm not going to get into medicine or pharmacy anyway.

Many Thanks!
LadySmythe
Badges: 19
Report 7 years ago
I don't see why not tbh. You're predicted good grades so far. And they'll only give you an offer for you to achieve 3 or 4 grades in specific subjects. You can say what your predicted grades were and why you started again.

I'm assuming you got good GCSE grades in Biology and chemistry though? Chemistry especially can be a shock to the system for the jump between GCSE's and AS's

If its what you want, then go for it. But maybe try and get some work experience for Medicine or pharmacy, or both if you can to make sure it is what you wsnt to do. I would not recommend either of those courses without doing some work experience 1st.
intellectual1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Would you need to do A2 Sociology? You'll already have AS Economics.
Medicine and Pharmacy both demand Chemistry Biology, although Maths or Physics are recommended.
It is a wise choice, since Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy does lead to a career, unlike other subjects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (34)
27.42%
No (90)
72.58%

Watched Threads