Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all

Ive just heard i have a place at Newman to do my PGCE secondary in R.E
    In absolutely thrilled, so im now on the look out for anyone else who will be starting a PGCE at Newman in September...

Im moving there aswel so knowing some poeple would make me slightly less nervous!

Anyone else starting in September?
    And/Or moving there?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Congrats

i start my early years pgce in sept aswell.! i am VERY nervous!!! EEEKKK xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    Can anyone please help me out , i am stressed .. I have an interview at newman next week and i am totally stuck ..

could you please help me what sort of questions they would ask and what should i do with presentation and literacy test????

Plssssss helppppp me !!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have my interview at newman next week too I'm glad to know you feel the same hum. Good luck!
    I'd love any tips on questions or anything from anyone whos already had their interview too

I've just written my five minute talk so its mostly the maths that worries me now- it's been 10years since I did any maths at school so all the fractions and that are a little rusty now! My cousin got in but had to do a bit of extra maths too to relearn a few things so at least it (hopefully) won't stop me getting in.
    For the talk particularly I'm trying to keep in mind that everyone else will be nervous too. My letter just said to choose a topic you're interested in and that they're looking for communication skills....

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mary,
    Good to hear that i am not the only one =)... I am also in need for any tips and i am stressing... when is your interview is it on 4 May wednesday????

I am not much worried about maths , but i am worried about literacy written task , do you have any idea what would be the topic ??????

and presentation i have prepared one but i am too nervous , don't know how would i present it infront of everyone

oh ya.. for maths they have given us two links for preparations... did you tried them??

http://www.tda.gov.uk/skillstests/nu...materials.aspx
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/ks3bite...er/index.shtml

you can practice some mathematical questions here.. and if you have any idea about literacy task please do let me knoww.....

Good luck with preparation =)

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, I spent 7 years at Newman doing a BEd and an MEd - you will love it! I have a house a minute's walk from the campus which is available to rent next year from Sept 5th 2010 - August 31st 2011. It has 3 bedrooms and is £750 per month between the 3 tenants. It's modern and kitted out with Ikea stuff and much better value than halls. If you are interested let me know, I'd recommend staying in a house over living in halls! Good luck with your interviews and congrats on the PGCEs.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you guys who have interviews, ive only just read this!
    How did they go??

Sarah

ReputationRep:
    hey
    i think it went okay, i'll know for sure in a week or so now!
    i did have a look at some revision websites for maths which definatly helped but i still didnt answer one! the english was fine and talk okay.
    all the staff and students helping were lovely
    really really want to get in!

ReputationRep:
    Ohh my fingers are crossed for you!
    I loved it there when i went for my interview!

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Did any of you have an interview for the maths pgce? if so any tips?

tah!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.