This discussion is closed.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by ben2111)
Jesus, what happened to you avatar???
why dont u like it? i had this one b4 the bunny but some of them said it links well with that thread, i wasnt impressed
Amy
Rep:
?
7 years Latin...
Actually it wasn´t that pointless
latin, a language long forgotten
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
what is the most pointless school lesson ever?? for me its r.e, whats ur choice
I would have to say Arty drawing subjects. I think forcing people to do it who cannot be bothered or are just dreadful anyway, is harsh. I'm not saying it should be scrapped, but an option.

I disagree with people who said RE. It helps you understand morals an other religions, so at least when people have a go at religion they could back up their arguement with a little knowledge instead of a worthless rant.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
latin, a language long forgotten
I will be doing latin and ancient greek at University. It is very relevent to todays world.
ben2111
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
why dont u like it? i had this one b4 the bunny but some of them said it links well with that thread, i wasnt impressed
OH NO please no offense
I have NO IDEA how they could possibly link your beautiful, innocent, stunning avatar with this thread.
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
I would have to say Arty drawing subjects. I think forcing people to do it who cannot be bothered or are just dreadful anyway, is harsh. I'm not saying it should be scrapped, but an option.

I disagree with people who said RE. It helps you understand morals an other religions, so at least when people have a go at religion they could back up their arguement with a little knowledge instead of a worthless rant.
u dissagree with me on r.e i disagree with u on the art subject as that is what i plan to do at university, its every1s opinion to themselves
ben2111
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I will be doing latin and ancient greek at University. It is very relevent to todays world.
Well... it is not forgotten, that is true. It helped me a lot when I had to learn Portuguese in a very short time, and it improves general language skills because it is so bloody complicated but still logical.
But I would not say it is relevant... what do you mean with that?
Amy
Rep:
?
OH NO please no offense
I have NO IDEA how they could possibly link your beautiful, innocent, stunning avatar with this thread.
oh piss off nazi boy, ur just a smart arse who needs a good kick in the teeth, sarcasm gets u nowhere
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well... it is not forgotten, that is true. It helped me a lot when I had to learn Portuguese in a very short time, and it improves general language skills because it is so bloody complicated but still logical.
But I would not say it is relevant... what do you mean with that?
I hopefully want to become a lawyer.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I enjoyed RE, learning about other people's beliefs.

The most pointless subject was clearly design technology, making the worst CD rack ever was all I ever did.
Amy
Rep:
?
I hopefully want to become a lawyer.
my cousin is one of them deals with all the family issues and stuff, it seems really tiring
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
u dissagree with me on r.e i disagree with u on the art subject as that is what i plan to do at university, its every1s opinion to themselves
Thats fair enough, your obviously good at art therefore your talent should be nurtured. What I'm saying is for people with no talent it must the the most useless thing to do when you could be doing something else which is aiding your education.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Probably aspects of P.S.E. and R.E.
Not so much the idea of the lessons, but the repeated teaching of the same subjects -for R.E.-having Christianity shoved down our throats year after year. For P.S.E- repeatedly studying the same topics with no new interest or slant, where invariably an answer is always 'peer-pressure'.
I think they should be teaching us some slightly more useful and practical information -such as how to fill in a tax-return, how to use a washing machine etc etc.
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by jammyd)

The most pointless subject was clearly design technology, making the worst CD rack ever was all I ever did.
it must be part of the curriculum to make a cd rack cus i made 1 too!! and it was pants
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my cousin is one of them deals with all the family issues and stuff, it seems really tiring
I dont intend to practice for a long time. I've to take over my dads buiness when he retires. Its just a way of saving huge sums of money really and something to fall back on if I make a hash of running the business.
Amy
Rep:
?
Thats fair enough, your obviously good at art therefore your talent should be nurtured. What I'm saying is for people with no talent it must the the most useless thing to do when you could be doing something else which is aiding your education.
thats the whole point of options in year nine, so for the first three years u get a taste of everything and then u are given the chance to do what u want to do, the goes for a levels and ur degree
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
I think they should be teaching us some slightly more useful and practical information -such as how to fill in a tax-return, how to use a washing machine etc etc.
Tax return is certainly a good idea. Not so sure about washing machines though...lol. I'm sure someone in your family could do that, its not that difficult.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jammyd)

*chuckles*. I took Resistant Materials and we're doing that at the moment.

Mine is basically a wonky, neglected 'half-box' and a slightly irrelevant but all the same, quite stylish sword that will eventually be attatched for 'viewing final product' and then taken off to play with, the storage never to be seen again.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Tax return is certainly a good idea. Not so sure about washing machines though...lol. I'm sure someone in your family could do that, its not that difficult.
Yes I know, it was just an example. -Basically things we'll need to be able to do later on.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Key Skills - easily the biggest crock of **** you can possibly do at school
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (386)
67.13%
No (189)
32.87%

Watched Threads