Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    thats the whole point of options in year nine, so for the first three years u get a taste of everything and then u are given the chance to do what u want to do, the goes for a levels and ur degree
    Indeed, but unless your talented at art its surely on of the most useless subjects ever. Although that depends on what they class as art these days...Jesus Christ, I think I could be an artist.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm in "Personal and Social Development" we had a block where we were forced to answer riddles to show our lateral thinking... that was pretty pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Key Skills - easily the biggest crock of **** you can possibly do at school
    What did you have to do in that? I never did it. We did AS general studies, now that was useless. I've changed my mind, general studies is now my most useless subject. All we did was watch videos and then we were expected to remember stuff like GCSE maths for our exam. Joke.

ReputationRep:
    it must be part of the curriculum to make a cd rack cus i made 1 too!! and it was pants
    My CD rack was a block of wood with holes where the CDs could go cut out of it, the holes were uneven, jagged, and CDs couldnt actually fit in them, I guess thats why i got an E at resistant materials

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Indeed, but unless your talented at art its surely on of the most useless subjects ever. Although that depends on what they class as art these days...Jesus Christ, I think I could be an artist.
    i dont like modern art, my dog could do better than some of the shite thats out there these days, i like really detailed fine art, thats what takes talent

ReputationRep:
    what is the most pointless school lesson ever?? for me its r.e, whats ur choice
    pe or art or music

ReputationRep:
    I used to hate geography. Never saw the point of it, and never tried hard at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    My CD rack was a block of wood with holes where the CDs could go cut out of it, the holes were uneven, jagged, and CDs couldnt actually fit in them, I guess thats why i got an E at resistant materials
    i never carried it on after yr 9, i dint with languages either, that i do regret

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    pe or art or music
    hey little man, yeah music is crap *lets play the xylophone*

ReputationRep:
    i dont like modern art, my dog could do better than some of the shite thats out there these days, i like really detailed fine art, thats what takes talent
    Agreed. I appreciate good art.

I'm sure your dog could become a major artist if you give him the chance. From what i've seen it doesnt take much.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. I appreciate good art.

I'm sure your dog could become a major artist if you give him the chance. From what i've seen it doesnt take much.
    i was reading in the sunday paper last week that some artist has filled up some black binliners and arranged them in a pile and it sold for £80,000 i almost screamed with frustration!!

ReputationRep:
    hey little man, yeah music is crap *lets play the xylophone*
    Yeah, why the hell did everyone have to play the recorder at prep school?

I mean, I play the piano, out of my own choice but I never got the recorder larky.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, why the hell did everyone have to play the recorder at prep school?

I mean, I play the piano, out of my own choice but I never got the recorder larky.
    i can remember playing the B song, it was literally what it said every note in the song was a B

ReputationRep:
    i can remember playing the B song, it was literally what it said every note in the song was a B
    I never had the pleasure of what must be a fine sounding tune.

ReputationRep:
    I hopefully want to become a lawyer.
    How do you do that?

ReputationRep:
    I never had the pleasure of what must be a fine sounding tune.
    ooohhh it was fab!! uve never heard anything so astounding in all ur life!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben2111)
    How do you do that?
    Er, go to law school after university? The ability to understand what people class as 'legal mumbo jumbo' is greatly increased when you know ancient Greek and Latin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben2111)
    How do you do that?
    ben, did u just give me some bad rep?? be honest i wont bite

ReputationRep:
    ben, did u just give me some bad rep?? be honest i wont bite
    Yes, I think I told you once that I do not like to be insulted. If it was a joke I got you wrong, apologize and give you some pos rep. But be honest...

ReputationRep:
    I'd say music was the most pointless.

RE is important because it teaches people to be less ignorant and take other people's beliefs into consideration.

Art is good because rather than being as analyitical as music, it offers a way for anybody to express themselves and be creative.

And PE, well if we didn't have PE at school half of us would be blobs.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.