what is the most pointless school lesson ever?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
I would say without a doubt that key skills is the most pointless thing dreamed up.
i could never understand what keyskills was actually about, we nerver really learnt anything and cant say that we ever did any work....just talked about sexually transmitted diseases and stuff like that :rolleyes:
Amb1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Keyskills sounds the same as Professional skills. Just had uninformed discussions about controversial issues. :rolleyes:
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
i could never understand what keyskills was actually about, we nerver really learnt anything and cant say that we ever did any work....just talked about sexually transmitted diseases and stuff like that :rolleyes:
Are you sure we are talking about the same thing here?
dudes do media
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
maths
TROD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
General Studies at college

in school..... ooh, some of the old C.P.A lessons where ****. Like Textiles... infact, if you wernt planning on doing anything like it - art was pretty crap too.

TROD.
Chubb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Either RE or Techonology (since I had no intention whatsoever in going into a feild that would involve technology) - RE wins it though.
Carreh
Report 15 years ago
Clait
Syntax
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i was reading in the sunday paper last week that some artist has filled up some black binliners and arranged them in a pile and it sold for £80,000 i almost screamed with frustration!!
Didnt he make a sculpture of full bin bags? Still pointless.. but requires a bit more talent.

As for pointless lessons.. Key Skills was the biggest load of *******s ever. It was supposed to show computer skills, yet you had to print out tons of paper, annotate it all, take all of these stupid screen shots.. bah I never bothered to finish it last year.
And we had to do this exam in it, with questions like "after completing a text document, what do you do? a: save it. b: delete it. c: edit it.
General Studies (or the Yr10 & 11 version: Personal Development) is stupid too.. "Animal and Human aggression".. wtf?
PapeeChumo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
PSE- nw that was a waste of time could have done another language instead
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
SE was the most stupid lesson in my days of secondary education. You were taught the STIs which made people think if you ever even contemplated sex, you will get one of them. Yet, when it changed to PSHE or whatever it is no, I have not been informed on the dangers of food and the kitchen, such as raw meat not cooked properly etc.
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i didn't find any lesson particulary pointless.. maybe PSE, because it aught us things that most of my class, being 12/13, were too immature to deal with, e.g getting on properly with people, and sexual education stuff.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
PSHE. It was just a total waste of time when we had our GCSEs soon and could have been working. The topics were supposedly useful, but our class just messed around anyway and the teacher (who was actually a cooking teacher) couldn't control them, so we basically did nothing.
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what is the most pointless school lesson ever?? for me its r.e, whats ur choice
PSE - total waste of time!
PeoplesPrincess
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ummm art, DT etc...

Oh Music definitely!
Syntax
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
^ Art was a damn good subject!

The topics were supposedly useful, but our class just messed around anyway and the teacher (who was actually a cooking teacher) couldn't control them, so we basically did nothing.
I have to say.. that was the only thing that made my P.D lessons fun. We could just talk and muck around. And most of the time we got really laid back teachers.
TROD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by LemonLime)
Clait
whats that?

TROD.
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
Are you sure we are talking about the same thing here?
well it went by the name of key skills but i dont know if thats what it turned out to be, we had a really strange teacher you see
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by TROD)
whats that?

TROD.
isnt that something to do with computers?
marabara
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
what? i love general studies (since iv started it) the whole discussion thing and everythin. its really good for ur brain. last lesson i found out loads on data protection and how people live with past creepin up on them etc that i never thought of b4.

dont see it as a borin lesson, treat it as a decent lesson and u will like it.
had a young student teacher attempt to stir up a discussion on the EU, he failed miserably as he didn't even know much about it himself

general studies was v painful as everyone resented the pointlessness of it as universities didn't even care about their grades, and it was a nice day outside....
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
what is the most pointless school lesson ever?? for me its r.e, whats ur choice
School itself!!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads