This discussion is closed.
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
what is the most pointless school lesson ever?? for me its r.e, whats ur choice
YES! exactly wot i was thinkin when i opened this thread. thts y i skip it evry week
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oh an yes i do know this is from like january but i was bored
Shushi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
R.e
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'd say P.S.H.E cos it really was pointless.
sashh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hymns - yes in the mid 1980's my school wasted a spot on the timetable to teach us hymns.

If you don't believe me ask Joey Johns to check with his mum, she went to the same school.

Others

Needlework - OK so knowing how to sew on a button may have some use but 2 1/2 hrs a week for 3 years!

Domestic Science, I quite like cooking but I only ever remember cooking mince at school, shepherd's pie, minced meat pie, some strange thing that was a piece of pastry with potatoes piped round the edge and mince in the middle.

They also taught us 'the correct order to wash up' and how to starch a shirt. I mean who starches shirts? Who voluntarily wears a starched shirt.

If you were really lucky you got to make a bed and clean a bath as well.
ooops!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
[QUOTE=~*glitter*~]what is the most pointless school lesson ever?? QUOTE]
General studies
----------------
Member of the UKL Law Society
*kayla*
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
sexual education. Now before I get criticised for this one. They don't teach you much more than how to put a condom on a carrot when I had to sit this one. Otherwise I'd have to go for Geography as the most pointless one. I know where America is now. So I'm set for life

We weren't allowed to touch condoms it was too advanced for us and our sex education was simply a dont till your married with no practical demonstrations!!(i mean carrot and condom not like the monty python scene!!)
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
Music....ok it's all well and good to have it when its optional, but to make people do it is obserd, you should be able to drop it sooner than the end of year 9.
Catswhiskers
Report 15 years ago
For me it had to be PHSE - I don't remember learning anything there apart from when we managed to sidetrack the teacher into telling us about her holiday and she taught us how to kill an eel (now THAT'S useful...)

Home Economics was pretty dull too, apart from when the teacher set her bri-nylon cardigan on fire ...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads