The Student Room Group

Interview at Greggs on Saturday...

Hi, I've got an interview on Greggs on Saturday but I don't know anyone who works/has worked there.

So I was wondering if anyone could give me advice for the interview, or tell me what it's like to work there... what things do you usually do, what do they ask you at the interview... etc.

Thanks! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
research the facts they will ask you about the company also aim for all your answers to relate back to their "family" idea of a workforce.
come across as someone who can work well in a team and show enthusiasm youl get it.

I work at Greggs btw just on a sat.
Reply 2
Haha, sounds cheesy... but if it works... haha
And thanks. :smile: Do you like working there? What's a typical shift like?
I work at Greggs too :smile: My interview was meant to be 20 set questions, but it lasted about an hour cuz the lady who was interviewing me (who was my boss for a while) ended up talking about Take That for most of it! So don't worry at all :smile:
Reply 4
Haha that sounds like a relaxed interview... I hope my interviewer is as nice, hehe. The woman I talked to on the phone was lovely, so if she's the one who asks the questions then it shouldn't be too horrible. :smile:

So they just ask you questions? Because I know some places ask you to do other things too like serve a customer or find them a product or something. :s-smilie: I hope it's just questions...

Do you like working there? My mum says it's meant to be 'bloody hard work' but I want to know what people think who work there...
Reply 5
Original post by alabelle
Haha, sounds cheesy... but if it works... haha
And thanks. :smile: Do you like working there? What's a typical shift like?

Thats what i did anyway, dw.
I dont mind it especially when my boss isnt working haha i usually do 11-4 cuz i work til 12 the night b4 at a takeaway so im **** if i start at 8, think they have realised this and now dont give me hardly any 8-5's :biggrin: ill usually serve, clean, make some sandwiches and keep an eye on bake off (pasties in ovens etc).

How often u looking to work?
Reply 6
Research some facts :smile:
Tell them you like fast paced roles & working in a busy environment. Works every time :smile:
Reply 7
Thats what i did anyway, dw.
I dont mind it especially when my boss isnt working haha i usually do 11-4 cuz i work til 12 the night b4 at a takeaway so im **** if i start at 8, think they have realised this and now dont give me hardly any 8-5's ill usually serve, clean, make some sandwiches and keep an eye on bake off (pasties in ovens etc).

How often u looking to work?

Sounds good. :smile: And I'm looking to do weekends, basically. I can work any time on the weekend, but I don't finish college until 4 during the week so I couldn't really work then. ;__;
Reply 8
Don't admit to eating all the pies. :')
Reply 9
Original post by Racheld25
Research some facts :smile:
Tell them you like fast paced roles & working in a busy environment. Works every time :smile:

I will. :smile: Anything in particular they ask about? I kinda feel like I don't know where to start, haha... this is my first job interview. I've only ever had one interview before (for uni) and it was a bit terrible, eep. :redface:
Reply 10
Original post by KieranDJ
Don't admit to eating all the pies. :')

Oh no, that song's going to be stuck in my head on Saturday now, I guarantee it :tongue:
Reply 11
I will. :smile: Anything in particular they ask about? I kinda feel like I don't know where to start, haha... this is my first job interview. I've only ever had one interview before (for uni) and it was a bit terrible, eep. :redface:

I've never had an interview with Greggs, but in general...
- Smile lots
- Be friendly
- Know a few facts and figures to dazzle them with
- Have some questions & answers in mind. Think about things like your biggest achievement, proudest moment, what you'd do when dealing with evil customers.
- Say you're a regular customer - Have some items in mind, just in case they try and catch you out :smile:

Most of all, just be confident. It'll shine through.
Reply 12
Greggs :drool:

Sorry
Reply 13
Original post by Racheld25
I've never had an interview with Greggs, but in general...
- Smile lots
- Be friendly
- Know a few facts and figures to dazzle them with
- Have some questions & answers in mind. Think about things like your biggest achievement, proudest moment, what you'd do when dealing with evil customers.
- Say you're a regular customer - Have some items in mind, just in case they try and catch you out :smile:

Most of all, just be confident. It'll shine through.

Thanks. :smile: I suppose it's mostly common sense...
The confidence is probably the most difficult bit. I'll just pretend I know what I'm doing and hope it looks genuine. :tongue: Nah, I'm sure I'll be fine as long as I'm friendly and whatnot...
The item(s) thing I can do though, hehe... their baked bean and cheese melts are to die for. :wink:
Reply 14
Original post by bellacute
Greggs :drool:

Sorry

Hehe that was my first reaction... mmm their sausage rolls...
I'm gonna get so fat if I get the job and there's a discount. :rolleyes: Might be worth it though. :biggrin:
Reply 15
Thanks. :smile: I suppose it's mostly common sense...
The confidence is probably the most difficult bit. I'll just pretend I know what I'm doing and hope it looks genuine. :tongue: Nah, I'm sure I'll be fine as long as I'm friendly and whatnot...
The item(s) thing I can do though, hehe... their baked bean and cheese melts are to die for. :wink:

As said before Greggs :drool:

Agreed tho on the sausage cheese and bean melt, their sausage rolls are nice too...

Damn i'm hungry now :colondollar:
Reply 16
Hehe that was my first reaction... mmm their sausage rolls...
I'm gonna get so fat if I get the job and there's a discount. :rolleyes: Might be worth it though. :biggrin:

50% off food :P

erm I think your other questions have been answered and my interview was nearly three years ago now so it's probably changed a bit. The advice up there is good though ^^
Reply 17
Original post by bellacute
As said before Greggs :drool:

Agreed tho on the sausage cheese and bean melt, their sausage rolls are nice too...

Damn i'm hungry now :colondollar:

Yep, sausage and bean melts and sausage rolls are so good. :tongue: I'd be salivating right now if it wasn't for the fact that I've just eaten half an easter egg haha... I don't think I could eat anything right now, not even some Greggs. :frown:
Reply 18
Oh no, that song's going to be stuck in my head on Saturday now, I guarantee it :tongue:

Ha-Har!
Seriously though, Don't eat all the pies, I worked as a chef last summer and put on so much weight! ha.
Reply 19
Original post by ily_em
50% off food :P

erm I think your other questions have been answered and my interview was nearly three years ago now so it's probably changed a bit. The advice up there is good though ^^

50%?!?!
No diet for me now! :tongue:
21 stone, here I come...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending