The Student Room Group

Interview at Greggs on Saturday...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by alabelle
I had my first day on Saturday... I felt a little thrown in at the deep end with being put straight on the shop floor but I think it's necessary and they take the training really slowly. Everyone was really nice as well and in spite of making every mistake possible (undercharging, dropping products, forgetting to shut the till etc.) they still want me to come in on Saturday. :tongue:

Thanks :smile: Sounds like it's going well then! I'm sure you'll get the hang of it quickly :smile:
Reply 101
Original post by aleathiel
I start on friday :biggrin: so will update once I've had the induction and probably first shift to answer this lol :biggrin:

Okay cool thanks :smile:
What should I expect from the induction tomorrow? I know it's 6 hours and someone I know said something about a test? :smile:
Reply 103
What should I expect from the induction tomorrow? I know it's 6 hours and someone I know said something about a test? :smile:

When we did it, it was mostly just sitting in the meeting room watching the occasional video about things like health and safety, food hygiene, safe lifting etc. Obviously she talked us through the stuff in the videos as well, and there were group activities... there is a test but it's not as bad as it sounds. You're tested after every section (I think there were three) but the questions are multiple choice and as long as you pay attention you'll be fine.
Ah doesn't sound too bad :smile: certainly sounds better than the induction for my last job!
I've been at Greggs for about 6 months now...

Interview: Straightforward questions, mainly common sense. They generally related to the greggs values so I'd just check what they are - but even then it's questions like 'what does honesty mean to you?' i.e. being truthful. Simples :smile: Just look clean and presentable and smile a lot.
I heard back 2/3 days later but the interviewer told me I had the job at the end of the interview.

Induction: Again, straight forward, just watching videos and listening to someone talking. There's the odd "test" but it's more of a quiz and they tell you the answers just before the test anyway :biggrin:

Actually working there: I work every saturday 8-5 which is a loooooooooong shift. It's basically constant moving, talking, lifting, cleaning. I'm 17 so I have no idea about cleaning lol and they seemed a little confused that I was a little clueless on how to mop the floor efficiently. It's very hard work and I'm always exhausted by the end of the day but as long as the colleagues are friendly (which mine are :biggrin:) then it's alright.
And there's the 50% off discount :wink: YUM

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 106
Original post by kitkat313
I've been at Greggs for about 6 months now...

Interview: Straightforward questions, mainly common sense. They generally related to the greggs values so I'd just check what they are - but even then it's questions like 'what does honesty mean to you?' i.e. being truthful. Simples :smile: Just look clean and presentable and smile a lot.
I heard back 2/3 days later but the interviewer told me I had the job at the end of the interview.

Induction: Again, straight forward, just watching videos and listening to someone talking. There's the odd "test" but it's more of a quiz and they tell you the answers just before the test anyway :biggrin:

Actually working there: I work every saturday 8-5 which is a loooooooooong shift. It's basically constant moving, talking, lifting, cleaning. I'm 17 so I have no idea about cleaning lol and they seemed a little confused that I was a little clueless on how to mop the floor efficiently. It's very hard work and I'm always exhausted by the end of the day but as long as the colleagues are friendly (which mine are :biggrin:) then it's alright.
And there's the 50% off discount :wink: YUM

Hope this helps :smile:

Wow, 8-5? :redface: I only worked 11-3 on my first shift and I was knackered and bored by the end... :tongue: I haven't started the cleaning bit yet but I have a feeling they're gonna train me up on it tomorrow. :frown:
Induction was good, pretty standard like kitkat said with the videos and 'tests' which yeah they give the answers to before lol :smile:

First shift is Tuesday, I know I start at 9 but not a finish time or any shifts after that :/
What sort of things should I expect for a first shift? It starts at 9 shall I asume I will finish at around 6?

Also, I will be given my uniform tomorrow, what happens if it doesn't fit :o:

sorry, many things going round my head right now :s:
Reply 109
What sort of things should I expect for a first shift? It starts at 9 shall I asume I will finish at around 6?

Also, I will be given my uniform tomorrow, what happens if it doesn't fit :o:

sorry, many things going round my head right now :s:

I don't know about shifts... I'm on weekends so the minimum for me is 4hrs, but it's not rare for me to get more than that. And I don't know about the uniform, sorry. :frown:
Original post by alabelle
I don't know about shifts... I'm on weekends so the minimum for me is 4hrs, but it's not rare for me to get more than that. And I don't know about the uniform, sorry. :frown:

no worries :smile: I'll try to arrive early tomorrow to get things sorted
Reply 111
hey, how did your inerview go? i have 1 at greggs on tuesday and im soo nervous :s-smilie:
Reply 112
Original post by jessiie92
hey, how did your inerview go? i have 1 at greggs on tuesday and im soo nervous :s-smilie:

Do you mean me? If so, it went well. I got the job. :redface:
And don't worry so much about it, mine was really relaxed. You'll be fine. :smile:
Turns out I was far too early lol :p: They had told me to come at 9 but I wasn't expected till 9:30 :o: and because I like to be early I was there at 8:20 am :o: over eager much? Anyway they told me to come back at 9 so I went off for a wander heh...

I was quite nervy but I relaxed towards the end of my shift which didn't end up being that long. I'm back in tomorrow and looking forward to it but oh so tired!
Reply 114
ahh goood, im just nervouse as its like my first proper interview, im scared incase i mess up, and i have no idea what questions to expect from them :| ahaa
ahh goood, im just nervouse as its like my first proper interview, im scared incase i mess up, and i have no idea what questions to expect from them :| ahaa

Look at my posts at the beginning of this thread :wink: I can't tell you the exact questions (against the rules) but you should find what I have put useful.
Reply 116
It was three days for me. :smile:
Reply 117
i totally worried for nothing, interview was rather short and it went brilliantly then like 3 hours later i got a phone call saying ive got the job ive been soo chuffed all day, my inductions on saturday wooo :biggrin:
i totally worried for nothing, interview was rather short and it went brilliantly then like 3 hours later i got a phone call saying ive got the job ive been soo chuffed all day, my inductions on saturday wooo :biggrin:

Congratulations welcome to the Greggs team lol. :biggrin:
Reply 119

Congrats! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending