More confidence = More attractive? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi, just recently I have noticed I am able to do things I would not previously had done. Like taking up more responsibility, talking more freely to people I don't even know and it's making me feel great!

I have always, always been extremely shy around people I don't know, but now I feel people want to talk to me more as I'm more open than I used to be.

Whiechever way though I feel much better about myself in recent times and my worries about not having a gf etc are slowly going away as I'm enjoying my life more and not worrying about things like this as much, of course I am still mindful of it though.

The question is though, particularly with women, is that would this make me more attractive to them as a result?
DeepStar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Confidence helps because a confident guy comes across better than someone who is shy but it isn't the only attractive trait that women look for.
Racheld25
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Confidence is attractive, yes. So long as cocky isn't confused with confidence.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Confident, charming, funny = :sexface:

Egotistical douchebag = :puke:

Edit - Like the above poster said, let's not get the 2 confused.
MA039
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
its a step in the right direction. However as mentioned above, its not the only trait that women look for.
l'histoire
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, as long as you don't confuse confidence with arrogance.
Drumzilla
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
confidence is always good, and the better looking you are then the more you can push up into cocky/arrogant territory.

You can't go full on narcissistic ******* however.
J_90
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes yes yes. It's very important I've found out. Being good looking without confidence doesn't work in my experiences.
hasin_arshad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Of course it does, just checkout the stiffmeister aka stiffler
Miss Communication
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Confidence is good, just don't overdo it. (:
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
yeah, I'll try not to be cocky. But my mate seems to like this "attitude" I have, which is good because Ialso fancy her
Godfrey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Other way around. Attractive people are confident. Which is why so many people take confidence to be attractive. It ain't. It's attractive when it's attached to an attractive person. The most common example:

X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.6%
No (440)
60.61%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.8%

Watched Threads