Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm just applying for student finance and it's asking me for my passport number.
    My passport is over 7 years out of date, will I still be able to use it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the exact same situation hope somebody can help

ReputationRep:
    Same here, i need to renew mine. Basically you have to renew your passport which for me is taking 2 weeks just about. Once i get my new passport i can fill in the gaps for student finance.

there is no other way of doing it so i would do it quickly. Btw to renew a passport its £80 and remember finance needs to be sent off by the 31st may

ReputationRep:
    My passport was out of date when I applied and they wouldn't accept it - I had to use my birth certificate coupled with a form from a 'reputable person who has known me for 2+ years' which was my head of year at college

ReputationRep:
    Oh for gods sake :/
    I really can't afford passport renewal. They'll just have to go without, and ask for other forms of I.D.
    Thanks for your help guys

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone has a passport and Student Finance knows that. They'll just ask for a bunch of other forms of ID such as your Birth Certificate, etc.

ReputationRep:
    They just asked me to send a birth certificate..no biggy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellakrystina)
    Not everyone has a passport and Student Finance knows that. They'll just ask for a bunch of other forms of ID such as your Birth Certificate, etc.

Seriously? how did they ask? because i cannot move onto the next step of the application without filling in the dates of my passport which of course are out of date hence the renewal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yas01)
    Seriously? how did they ask? because i cannot move onto the next step of the application without filling in the dates of my passport which of course are out of date hence the renewal?
    Hmm. I have a passport but I would imagine that Student Finance has certain procedures in place for people who don't. I'd ring them up and ask what you should do. You may have to submit extra evidence... but I'm pretty sure that you don't have to have a passport to get your loans.

You may as well fill in your outdated passport details and see what they do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yas01)
    I basically put in the date that was on my passport even though it was out of date and they get back to you again asking for something else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahoward)
    I basically put in the date that was on my passport even though it was out of date and they get back to you again asking for something else
    Really? because when i entered the dates on my passport then i clicked continue it wouldn't let me and it asked me to fill in the gaps.

Lol i'm going to try again because if i don't need my passport then great im saving £80 for the time being.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was in date and they kept sending me letters saying that it was out of date, so I rang them, spent 45 minutes on the phone, got handed over to the manager or something who said "Oh no, you're right, it's not out of date"....
    Use a birth certificate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yas01)
    Really? because when i entered the dates on my passport then i clicked continue it wouldn't let me and it asked me to fill in the gaps.

Lol i'm going to try again because if i don't need my passport then great im saving £80 for the time being.
    Weird i just put it in and they got back to me and said it wasnt valid, which i knew, and they asked me to send a birth certificate or a valid passport, took a while to get all the evidence back though, they can be so slow! and passports are so expensive i had to get one for a holiday this year, with the check and send thing it cost me £90-odd :| thieving b******s!

i ****ing hate them what about those that don't have a birth certificate ffs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotSoCool.Fly)
    Well they have to check you ID somehow... If you're still having issues, ring up and explain your situation, I can assure that you won't be the only one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotSoCool.Fly)
    Then you have to pay and order a replacement. It's not difficult really.

well it is because i've stated I HAVE A PASSPORT so that's what they want now not the birth certificate ffs now have to go through process of gaining a photo etc ah **** them hatred here appearing for SF lol

ReputationRep:
    People who ask if out of date passports are acceptable are utterly stupid.

ReputationRep:
    anyone how long it takes them to send your birth certificate back?
    i need it for work...

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.