(ask) What music genre will become big in 2011? Why? Watch

xlabelx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all
im a newbie here.

Its nice to hear what people are listening to in 2011.
I think the genre that i listening to are too random.

So the quetion is,

what genre do you think that will become big in 2011?
you can also add the song if you like

i thing i love pop-rock like avril in 2011
avril - what the hell .. love it
69Crazyfists
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I reckon exactly the same pop **** will be popular, things don't change that quickly.

As for what I'm listening to this year - lots of Technical Metalcore and Power Metal.
TheSilentG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd say: Deathcore, Dubstep and 'Future Garage.' All three genres have hype to some degree, they're all good anyway.
TheCurlyHairedDude
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
R and B is coming up a bit

Trey songs, miguel, tank, avant and Marsha ambroisus are going IN !!!

Also dubstep

But lets not forget that the same pop **** will be about
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheSilentG)
I'd say: Deathcore, Dubstep and 'Future Garage.' All three genres have hype to some degree, they're all good anyway.
It's quite unfortunate, especially as Crytopsy's last album was more Deathcore than Death Metal :sad:

It completely slated on MA for that :lol:
TheSilentG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Drunk Punx)
It's quite unfortunate, especially as Crytopsy's last album was more Deathcore than Death Metal :sad:

It completely slated on MA for that :lol:
Bare in mind Cryptopsy's older stuff is absolutely brilliant, meh I don't mind Deathcore all that much; bands such as: The Red Chord, WhiteChapel, At the Throne of Judgement, even Job For a Cowboy are pretty good, BMTH though are ****e.
Drunk Punx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bare in mind Cryptopsy's older stuff is absolutely brilliant, meh I don't mind Deathcore all that much; bands such as: The Red Chord, WhiteChapel, At the Throne of Judgement, even Job For a Cowboy are pretty good, BMTH though are ****e.
The Red Chord were initially a metalcore band though (more metal than core, as opposed to bands like BMFV).
I haven't heard much Deathcore, but what I have heard has made me disregard it in favour of Death Metal.
BlackVenom321
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
R and B is coming up a bit

Trey songs, miguel, tank, avant and Marsha ambroisus are going IN !!!

Also dubstep

But lets not forget that the same pop **** will be about
You know some good ****
Planto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
J-pop. Watch it happen.
TheSilentG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Red Chord were initially a metalcore band though (more metal than core, as opposed to bands like BMFV).
I haven't heard much Deathcore, but what I have heard has made me disregard it in favour of Death Metal.
I like the fact they're making Deathcore; it's certainly better than a lot of Metalcore as it is. I'll give you some good Deathcore once I get out of class .
metalthrashin'mad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Pop music made by little children. It is obvious. Because of illegal downloading the music industry doesn't want to target teenagers - adults because any music made for them will just be downloaded illegally. So they target children who want pop music such as Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus, it is the best way for them to make money - and lets face it, all the record companies want is to make money, not good music.
Drunk Punx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like the fact they're making Deathcore; it's certainly better than a lot of Metalcore as it is. I'll give you some good Deathcore once I get out of class .
Cheers brah :top:
TheCurlyHairedDude
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BlackVenom321)
You know some good ****
Yeah, R and B will never be like it was though ! There's no soul in their singing, they're just singing.

Man check Keith sweat working this crowd lol he's the man !http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vXkL...eature=related
TheSilentG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Cheers brah :top:
Right I'm putting so Deathcore in the spoilers, I don't know whether you'll like it or not considering you're a Black Metal fanatic.

The Red Chord
Spoiler:
Show

Whitechapel
Spoiler:
Show

At The Throne Of Judgement
Spoiler:
Show

Winds Of Plauge
Spoiler:
Show

Job For A Cowboy
Spoiler:
Show

Enjoy!
Drunk Punx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Right I'm putting so Deathcore in the spoilers, I don't know whether you'll like it or not considering you're a Black Metal fanatic.

The Red Chord
Spoiler:
Show

Whitechapel
Spoiler:
Show

At The Throne Of Judgement
Spoiler:
Show

Winds Of Plauge
Spoiler:
Show

Job For A Cowboy
Spoiler:
Show

Enjoy!
A major problem with the definitions of a genre is how opinionated they are. For example, both the Wikipedia and Last.FM tag pages for Deathcore say how it's "death metal crossed with hardcore punk". Not being funny, but I have yet to hear any similarity to Minor Threat, MDC, or Agnostic Front in any deathcore band :lol:

It also talks about the use of breakdowns, but I've heard death metal bands that regularly use breakdowns in their music, and they're not classed as deathcore. It perplexes me.
The lines that define what genre a band is will always be blurred in such cases.
TheSilentG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A major problem with the definitions of a genre is how opinionated they are. For example, both the Wikipedia and Last.FM tag pages for Deathcore say how it's "death metal crossed with hardcore punk". Not being funny, but I have yet to hear any similarity to Minor Threat, MDC, or Agnostic Front in any deathcore band :lol:

It also talks about the use of breakdowns, but I've heard death metal bands that regularly use breakdowns in their music, and they're not classed as deathcore. It perplexes me.
The lines that define what genre a band is will always be blurred in such cases.
Deathcore is a mix of Death Metal + Metalcore, Last.fm and Wikipedia are ****ing with you. Death Metal is more complex and has a lot less clean vocals whereas Deathcore is a bit more comprehensible. Did you like any of the Deathcore bands at all?
Drunk Punx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Deathcore is a mix of Death Metal + Metalcore, Last.fm and Wikipedia are ****ing with you. Death Metal is more complex and has a lot less clean vocals whereas Deathcore is a bit more comprehensible. Did you like any of the Deathcore bands at all?
I thought as much :lol:
Concerning the vocals, I guess it depends on what sort of Death Metal you listen to.
Death seemed to have fairly comprehensible vocals, but Appalling Spawn are largely the opposite.

I did yeah, but I can't remember which ones ><

Give me a sec.

Edit: Although I'm a sucker for classical influence in metal, Winds Of Plague didn't go down too well with me. I didn't particularly like At The Throne Of Judgement either, but I can't figure out an exact reason why other than it didn't sit right with me. JFOC I've never been a fan of.
The Red Chord and Whitechapel were my favourites by far
TheSilentG
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I thought as much :lol:
Concerning the vocals, I guess it depends on what sort of Death Metal you listen to.
Death seemed to have fairly comprehensible vocals, but Appalling Spawn are largely the opposite.

I did yeah, but I can't remember which ones ><

Give me a sec.
..5 minutes later.
Drunk Punx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
..5 minutes later.
:teehee: I've edited my other post. I lent on my keyboard by accident and everything seemed to **** up so I went to get some food. I'd make a great IT Technician :awesome:
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
More mass produced auto tune crap.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (69)
75.82%
No (22)
24.18%

Watched Threads