All my hard work gone to waste :( Watch

her
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I done my re-takes in sociology (aqa) - i thought i got an A overall as in the education paper i was 1 raw mark from an A so my family's paper was a C but I got an A in it so it was now A=unit 1 B=unit 2.

now to find out my number is 158 meaning my overall AS mark is a B I AM SOOOOOOOOO DISAPPOINTED I'VE BEEN CRYING ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!!

Now if I want my A* i have to re-take again i'm gutted!!

I just don't know how to cope worst thing is that I was 2 marks off!!

maybe I should just aim for an A.. what should I do?

Not to mention I am having such a terrible time at collegeee its soo bad I just feel like buNkinhg!
WHY ME~?
goldsilvy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by her)
I done my re-takes in sociology (aqa) - i thought i got an A overall as in the education paper i was 1 raw mark from an A so my family's paper was a C but I got an A in it so it was now A=unit 1 B=unit 2.

now to find out my number is 158 meaning my overall AS mark is a B I AM SOOOOOOOOO DISAPPOINTED I'VE BEEN CRYING ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!!

Not to mention I am having such a terrible time at collegeee its soo bad I just feel like buNkinhg!
WHY ME~?
You can still get A* whilst having B at AS.
her
Rep:
?
(Original post by goldsilvy)
You can still get A* whilst having B at AS.
yes my teacher said that but it is hard to do so right?
goldsilvy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by her)
yes my teacher said that but it is hard to do so right?
If you want to achieve an A*, then the hard bit is getting aggregate of 90% in your A2 units. Once you get it, then you will be awarded an A* automatically, given your AS results. If I were you I would just focus on ensuring that you do your A2 exams very well.
her
Rep:
?
(Original post by goldsilvy)
If you want to achieve an A*, then the hard bit is getting aggregate of 90% in your A2 units. Once you get it, then you will be awarded an A* automatically, given your AS results. If I were you I would just focus on ensuring that you do your A2 exams very well.
should I re-take then?
emma9
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
no point in re-taking, you need 320 marks overall (which makes an A grade), with atleast 180 of them in A2 units......
meaning you would still be able to get an A* if you had 140/200 from AS.....

so now youve got 158, that fine, you just need 180/200 now in your A2 units to get A*
her
Rep:
?
(Original post by emma9)
no point in re-taking, you need 320 marks overall (which makes an A grade), with atleast 180 of them in A2 units......

so now youve got 158, that fine, you just need 180/200 now in your A2 units to get A*
REALLY....isn't 180 a lot though? what should I be aiming for in each A2 unit?
Abukar
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by her)
whether you got the highest a or a low b at As you still have to get 180 or over in your a2 units
just concentrate on a2 units don't retake
her
Rep:
?
(Original post by Abukar)
whether you got the highest a or a low b at As you still have to get 180 or over in your a2 units
just concentrate on a2 units don't retake
ok I understand but what numbers should I be aiming for in each a2 unit? with my AS number of 158 (gutted)
yahyahyahs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Guys, you have to get an A overall at AS + 90% average in your A2 modules to get an A*.
TenaciousMonkey
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I thought it was an average of 80% over your entire A Level and 90% on your A2.
Darcy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Whether you end up with an A or A*, they're both wonderful grades. Sometimes it's better to let grades be just grades, nothing more. When you come to a point when you're disappointed, please don't feel like it's a waste, nothing ever is. Do your best in exams and know that whatever happens, a silly slip up in grades certainly won't stop you from doing what you want to do in your life.
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by emma9)

This
her
Rep:
?
(Original post by Darcy)
Whether you end up with an A or A*, they're both wonderful grades. Sometimes it's better to let grades be just grades, nothing more. When you come to a point when you're disappointed, please don't feel like it's a waste, nothing ever is. Do your best in exams and know that whatever happens, a silly slip up in grades certainly won't stop you from doing what you want to do in your life.
Thank you so much .. do you know how much marks I will need for an A?
emma9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by her)
yeah, of course its a lot, its to get an A* which was designed for oxbridge to see the differences between the low A's and high A's

If you get less than 80 in first exam you wont be able to get A* so aim for 90's in both
Darcy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by her)
Thank you so much .. do you know how much marks I will need for an A?
I'm not sure of the exact marks, the others can work that out for you if they'd like.
Know that I believe in you! Go out there and make me proud.
her
Rep:
?
(Original post by emma9)
yeah, of course its a lot, its to get an A* which was designed for oxbridge to see the differences between the low A's and high A's

If you get less than 80 in first exam you wont be able to get A* so aim for 90's in both
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I'll decline the re-take then!! shall I?
her
Rep:
?
(Original post by Darcy)
I'm not sure of the exact marks, the others can work that out for you if they'd like.
Know that I believe in you! Go out there and make me proud.
you just put a smile on my face!! thank you
Gowrav
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by her)

WHY ME~?
From what all my teachers told me last year, you have to have 80% at AS level (first time round) and 90% at A2. To get an A* its really hard, that's how its supposed to be. A grade is good! Most people don't even get A*'s.
emilylikeeee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't be down

And thats my wisdom on the matter shared!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1648)
78.78%
Leave (444)
21.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise