Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So student finance opens today for 2011/12 and, as I have a deferred place from last year's application cycle I signed up to Student Finance quite a while ago, obviously without actually applying for loans etc. However, I have forgotten my "customer ID" or whatever since then, and it tells you to call to find out your ID number, but there seems to be no option on the stupid automated menu to find out this info, any help?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have the password and secret answer you use that to find the ID.

ReputationRep:
    It didn't ask for my password, just asked what the name of my childhood hero was...I don't even remember having to give an answer to that question when I signed up and, if I did, I have absolutely no idea what I would have said...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well it's always better to keep note of the answers you give, in any case SF should have sent you an email when you first sighed up. I'd do the forgotten password see if you can acess it if not create a new account.

ReputationRep:
    give them a ring...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    if not create a new account.
    You can't create a new account, as Student Finance will recognise the details you're using as attached to another existing account. You will have to ring them.

ReputationRep:
    If you've had a previous account should you not have had some paperwork from them with your student reference number on it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've tried calling both numbers they give and it just goes to an automated system that seems to have no option for finding out your info, thanks anyway, I'll just keep trying to get through on the phone to a real person!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flown_muse)
    If you've had a previous account should you not have had some paperwork from them with your student reference number on it?
    It's possible, but it was about a year ago I signed up and have moved house since then so not holding out much hope, was just wondering if anyone else had had this problem and knew how to get through on the numbers they give you to call.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlyskin)
    Yeah, I've tried calling both numbers they give and it just goes to an automated system that seems to have no option for finding out your info, thanks anyway, I'll just keep trying to get through on the phone to a real person!
    I had same problem press hash key...seemed to work for me

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.