Low blood pressure and tiredness Watch

superwolf
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've had low blood pressure for a few weeks, always when I stand up too suddenly. But for the last two days I've started getting dizzy and my vision's gone dark when I've already been standing up for a while, and today I went really pale so my lips were almost the same colour of my skin. For the past few days I've also had insomnia, so have only been getting five or six hours of sleep, and I wondered if the two could be related. Any thoughts?

Edit: Also, is it normal to start shaking with low blood pressure? I just scared my sister half to death, she thought I was having a fit.
Omar.Ebrahim
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Go to a doc as soon as, but it could be low BP. could also be lack of sugar (I feel really tired if I haven't had much sugar)
superwolf
Rep:
?
(Original post by Omar.Ebrahim)
Go to a doc as soon as, but it could be low BP. could also be lack of sugar (I feel really tired if I haven't had much sugar)
I already know it's low blood pressure, I had it checked last week. The doctor said there's nothing I can do about it.
Omar.Ebrahim
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by superwolf)
I already know it's low blood pressure, I had it checked last week. The doctor said there's nothing I can do about it.
Oops sorry I read it really quickly and didn't pick that up.
I'm not too sure then, but there has to be something?

Omar
superwolf
Rep:
?

Bump.
LilacTweet
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ohh i get this quite a lot, doesn't sound as severe as yours, but i've started shaking and then completely lost my vision and collapsed before. Like shivering shaking not having a fit shaking. and then i come round a few seconds later, but i'm fine, I think mine more related to sugar though -still haven't gone doccys about it, but I feel dizzy for a bit most days, and will lose my vision if i stand up from lying down sometimes, i've had it for about 8 months now, but i'm healthy (ish :P ) otherwise -but best get checked by the doccy again, as it could be serious, esp if your driving and it happens!
superwolf
Rep:
?
(Original post by LilacTweet)
Ohh i get this quite a lot, doesn't sound as severe as yours, but i've started shaking and then completely lost my vision and collapsed before. Like shivering shaking not having a fit shaking. and then i come round a few seconds later, but i'm fine, I think mine more related to sugar though -still haven't gone doccys about it, but I feel dizzy for a bit most days, and will lose my vision if i stand up from lying down sometimes, i've had it for about 8 months now, but i'm healthy (ish :P ) otherwise -but best get checked by the doccy again, as it could be serious, esp if your driving and it happens!
You should definitely get that checked out by a doctor, it's probably not that serious but best to be on the safe side. I don't drive anyway, I'm more just concerned about passing out in the street (although so far I've only fainted once). What you've got does sound an awful lot like what I've got, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's low blood pressure.
LilacTweet
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by superwolf)
You should definitely get that checked out by a doctor, it's probably not that serious but best to be on the safe side. I don't drive anyway, I'm more just concerned about passing out in the street (although so far I've only fainted once). What you've got does sound an awful lot like what I've got, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's low blood pressure.
aahhh i've gotta go cause i need to keep taking antihistamines, so they said they'd give me a check up -stupid crappy immune system/body! So yesss i just never seem to have time! I have no-idea what my blood pressure is, so wouldn't know if it's high or low, i just know if I haven't eaten for a while, or have just eaten a big meal i get really dizzy, so i try and just eat smaller meals more frequently and it's not soooo bad, but i don't like pass out v.often like once a month or so? Sounds like we should just both go to the doccies
superwolf
Rep:
?
(Original post by LilacTweet)
aahhh i've gotta go cause i need to keep taking antihistamines, so they said they'd give me a check up -stupid crappy immune system/body! So yesss i just never seem to have time! I have no-idea what my blood pressure is, so wouldn't know if it's high or low, i just know if I haven't eaten for a while, or have just eaten a big meal i get really dizzy, so i try and just eat smaller meals more frequently and it's not soooo bad, but i don't like pass out v.often like once a month or so? Sounds like we should just both go to the doccies
Definitely mention it, passing out isn't good - you could bump your head if you fall. Hopefully it's not low blood pressure, cos there's nothing you can do about it.

Edit: I just looked it up and you can help it with diet adjustments.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.78%
No (443)
73.22%

Watched Threads