Turn on thread page Beta

Does it Matter What Uni you go to? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want yr opinion on how good or respected these Unis are? (for a m8 who is confused which 1 to go too. Thank you)

Greenwich
    Kingston
    Middlesex
    And Goldsmith

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I don't know about these unis and wasn't going to post here... but I had to ask: isn't putting numbers into words a slower way to type?

I don't understand...

ReputationRep:
    First 3 are generally ****e, fourth is very good for certain subjects.

ReputationRep:
    I think that it depends on what course you wish to take

(Original post by FallenProject)
    Sorry, I don't know about these unis and wasn't going to post here... but I had to ask: isn't putting numbers into words a slower way to type?

I don't understand...
    And I dont understand why it would be slower ?? because you'd be typing in less keys m8=two keys and mate= four keys .....

I would however argue that you should really just type like a "normal person" to avoid confusion. plus, it would make other people more likely to take you seriously when answering your question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallenProject)

I don't understand...
    but it makes him look soo cool!!!!

just be thankful he's not writing in l337

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Goldsmith's is probably the best out of that bunch. Kingston isn't as bad as people make it out to be(I'm not exactly saying it's great either) The transport situation to kingston is awkward if your trying to commute from northwest london or hertfordshire.
    Just forget about the other two on that list.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medkid)
    I want yr opinion on how good or respected these Unis are? (for a m8 who is confused which 1 to go too. Thank you)

Greenwich
    Kingston
    Middlesex
    And Goldsmith

You can look at university league tables, however, many people argue that they are not accurate representations of how 'good' a university is. I think they are good for a guide though.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/universityguide

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...e.htm?ipg=8726

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/stug...rsityguide.php

Bare in mind that the course that you / your friend is doing will change how your degree is looked at. It isn't all about the actual institution.

For example, i studied for one year at Goldsmiths, which is rated around number 44 (out of 122 unis in the UK) However, i was studying Anthropology. Goldsmiths' Anthropology department is within the top 10 in the UK.

You/ Your friend need to do more research than just asking others opinions. But if you have any questions about Goldsmiths, feel free to send me a message/reply to this.

Overall Uni Ratings (out of 122):

Goldsmiths 44
    Kingston 72
    Greenwich 91
    Middlesex 117

I hope that this helped.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.