26k writing fellowship at UEA Watch

MITCH-hk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've heard that UEA (norwich) has a creative writing course that awards a GBP26,000 fellowship to one student per year on its MA course. What's the chance of getting this? Does anyone know how many fellowships they grant and how many people compete for them? Seriously, good amount of dosh ...what's the catch?
tigermoth99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're talking about this one:

The David T. K. Wong Fellowship

This generous annual award of £26,000 is intended to enable a fiction writer who wants to write in English about the Far East to spend a year developing his or her work while at UEA. The Fellowship is named for its sponsor Mr. David Wong, a retired Hong Kong businessman who has also been a teacher, journalist and senior civil servant, and is a writer of short stories himself. The current Fellow is the Vietnamese-American writer Cab Tran.

Given the amount and the prestige of UEA's MA in Creative Writing, this will be pretty competitive. Only one fellowship is given out each year. I don't think there is a catch but you do have to write about the Far East only, which might be restrictive or not, depending on how you look at it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads