This discussion is closed.
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
well i've got offers from Durham (ABB), St-Andrews(ABB), Edinburgh(BBB), Bath (AAAB) and Newcastle (AAB) (i got rejected from oxford ) and i really don't know which one to pick for my first choice. i loved edinburgh when i went to visit but i'm unsure as i havent been to see any of the other unis. i guess what i'm asking for is a little help from people who know what their talking about and wont just give me a spin doctored account like what's found in the prospectuses.

hope you guys can help me
Peapod
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Choose Edinburgh and give me your Durham place
kenkennykenken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by VoodooDoll)
well i've got offers from Durham (ABB), St-Andrews(ABB), Edinburgh(BBB), Bath (AAAB) and Newcastle (AAB) (i got rejected from oxford ) and i really don't know which one to pick for my first choice. i loved edinburgh when i went to visit but i'm unsure as i havent been to see any of the other unis. i guess what i'm asking for is a little help from people who know what their talking about and wont just give me a spin doctored account like what's found in the prospectuses.

DURHAM!!! lol i havnt been to those other universities yet so i dunno. but durham is really nice
.NK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

The *new* psych department at Newcastle is quite nice, but shared with the medics. The old department (the first years still have lectures there, but that might change for your year) is not very nice at all...

Durham's pretty but you may be stuck on Stockton campus for psychology and I don't know if it's as nice.

I haven't visited the other unis you mentioned...

I'm half way through my first year of a psych degree at Notts so feel free to PM me if you want any general info about the course.
VoodooDoll
Rep:
?
(Original post by Peapod)
Choose Edinburgh and give me your Durham place

you're quite welcome to it dahling

is durham that good? it seems to have a good reputation with people on this site. i don't know whether it would be too small and quaint for me, having said that i haven't been and suppose my opinions of the place are based on the stereotypes of public school types living off mummy and daddys expense account. i originally got in at university college but after looking more closely at the snobby reputation of the college i changed to Van Mildert.
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you're quite welcome to it dahling

is durham that good? it seems to have a good reputation with people on this site. i don't know whether it would be too small and quaint for me, having said that i haven't been and suppose my opinions of the place are based on the stereotypes of public school types living off mummy and daddys expense account. i originally got in at university college but after looking more closely at the snobby reputation of the college i changed to Van Mildert.
not I don't think it's THAT good in terms of excellence like Oxbridge, but I really love the place when I visited last year.
It is very small but it's a 20min train journey to newcastle.
VoodooDoll
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gnostic)
Speaking of psychology, the most fascinating psychologist - Carl Jung - is rarely, if ever, studied in Anglo-Saxon academia. Check some of his works out one day - he is immensely rewarding, a mind on a par with that of Nietzsche.
thanks for that i'll check it out
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
no its too small, go for the year in industry bath course, it looked pretty fab or go for edinburgh-lovely place
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (530)
66.75%
No (264)
33.25%

Watched Threads