The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LGrosvenor101
Aww ok :L and same! This time next year we would have *hopefully, touches wood* completed one term and would be coming back for our 2nd :eek: Excited stuff!

And yeah, thats one think I am worrying about. But hopefully it shall be fine!

Yeah, alot to happen in a year. Im just worried that i won't be able to cope :frown: everyone says that A level maths is nothing like university maths! And Warwick's maths department is one of the strongest in the country :eek:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 801
Original post by SanaBozi
Has anyone got an offer for Accounting and Finance ??

Yes
Original post by DontBeJelBeReem
Yeah, alot to happen in a year. Im just worried that i won't be able to cope :frown: everyone says that A level maths is nothing like university maths! And Warwick's maths department is one of the strongest in the country :eek:

It should be fine with Maths, you have to remember that pretty much everyone is in the same boat for every subject at any University! And thats good with being one of the strongest! :biggrin:
Subject: Law
GCSE's: A*A*A*A*A*A*AABBB
AS's: English Language A, Maths A, History B, Physics B
A levels: Maths A, retaking to get A*
A level predictions: A*A*A*A*
Reply 804
what is going on with English offers? Has anyone got one so far? I am starting to panic :frown:
Reply 805
Any PPE offers? I've heard nothing from my choices! (Warwick, Durham,York, St Andrews) :frown:... (well except the oxford rejection).
Is it a coincidence or should I be worried?
Original post by BayBee323
what is going on with English offers? Has anyone got one so far? I am starting to panic :frown:

Still waiting here too. Not too hopeful but hey, you never know :smile:
Reply 807
Original post by Obsidian
Still waiting here too. Not too hopeful but hey, you never know :smile:

reading through doesn't look like there is many. their website says interview dates are late feb so i guess we will know during the next month or so... good luck :smile:
reading through doesn't look like there is many. their website says interview dates are late feb so i guess we will know during the next month or so... good luck :smile:

I hope so :biggrin: Good luck to you too :smile:
Original post by DontBeJelBeReem

If you have time, there's tons you could do if you're interested. Read some lecture notes maybe? Or a book on higher mathematics? (This one is recommended by some maths depts, and this seems good.)

I think you'll realise it's all the same subject, just kicked up a notch :smile:
Reply 810

Heard nothing yet :/
Reply 811
Original post by Nerdy03
Any PPE offers? I've heard nothing from my choices! (Warwick, Durham,York, St Andrews) :frown:... (well except the oxford rejection).

You shouldn't be worried!!!! Both Durham and St Andrews are known for giving out late replies, mostly after the January deadline.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Evie94
Is anybody attending the post offer open day on the 8th February???? I have an offer to study Biomedical Science and its likely to be my insurance choice :biggrin:

sorry this is from a while back but I'm going there then history :biggrin:
does anyone else with a history offer know which stream they would pick? :smile:
Reply 813
Have any English Literature applicants been invited to interviews yet?
I haven't heard a thing and submitted my application in early October.
Reply 814
Original post by lp94
Have any English Literature applicants been invited to interviews yet?
I haven't heard a thing and submitted my application in early October.

Nope, sent mine like 15th October :/
Reply 815
For people applying for English Literature - I have an interview on January 27th and I know 1 person who has been rejected. However, I know about 3 people who haven't heard - so it appears to be pretty random at the moment.
Original post by eddielad
i got a law offer from Warwick :smile:

What were your academics dude?
Reply 817
Original post by Tomzta12
For people applying for English Literature - I have an interview on January 27th and I know 1 person who has been rejected. However, I know about 3 people who haven't heard - so it appears to be pretty random at the moment.

Are you doing A-Levels? Might sound a bit weird but having the interview on the 27th Jan seems a bit bad timing, people might have their exams on that day... Just wondering if you do IB or something :smile:
Original post by Nerdy03

Ahh thats what im waiting forr :-( they r takin their time. what ar your predicted grades??
Reply 819
Original post by canary93
I got an offer for Politics on the 5th January, also AAB :smile: Going to be my firm

Still waiting on a Politics offer here; though I'm just about a mature applicant and have my grades so maybe that's adding some consideration time.

I also have an offer from Bristol. I noticed that quite a few of you also applied there. Any thoughts on choosing between the two for Politics aside from getting a BSc at one and a BA at the other?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending