The Student Room Group

Which university and why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Vazzyb
Truthfully...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPVv_ONK3QQ (watch all of it lol)

I was well jealous of that boy and despite my football contract not coming through, this made me feel less jealous.

Reply 21
you need to decide what you want AS a person, only then can you fit your choice perfectly to suit your needs.

Its true that often our growth as an adolescent and a young adult is stunted by opting for the simplicity of doing what someone tells us to do and NOT what we really want to do once we've worked that out oever time what that is. Dont apply for a medical school without thinking through what you want to do when you get there.

If you do, you'll find that you didnt choose what you wanted becos you prioritised the views of someone who wasnt you..simply becos it was less effort that deciding for yourself. noone can tell you what you are, but you. find you.

take some time out to decide what you want instead of applying without thinking it through, then choose it and reject anything else. And finally in the future NEVER rush your decision making by replacing it with the views of others arbitrarily.

please dont be offended by the truth in this post, thats the worst thing anyone can do. rather, embrace it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Organ

are you chinese?
Reply 23
Indians have it worse than chinese children. Chinese parents put pressure on their children, Indian parents won't let you back into the house lol
Original post by dominiqueblack
I have unconditionals from both Edinburgh and Dundee - away from home
and a conditional from Glasgow - 40mins on train from home. And I think I could get the conditions :smile:

I think I could afford costs away from home, if I either work throughout the year, which would be hard, or work over the summer :smile:

Congrats on your offers :biggrin: I think the main thing you need to think about is what course structure you would prefer ? - Glasgow = PBL or Edinburgh/Dundee = bit of both (lectures and some PBL).

I know that you don't particularly want to stay at home, but if you chose Glasgow you'd need to think about the cost of accommodation, etc. Plus, the journey from Dumbarton is quite quick via the train (tell me if I'm wrong about that since I've never actually used that train station). I'm applying for 2012 entry and if I got Glasgow I'd probably stay at home because its alot cheaper (I'm from Erskine, so its roughly the same distance).
Original post by dominiqueblack
I've got a few offers and I'm really not sure which one to go with. There are so many things to think about and I can't make my mind up. Like moving away, or staying at home? But then will that course suit me? etc.

Whether you're already studying medicine or applying this year but have already decided where to go, how did you decide, what helped you make your decision? and are you happy with your decision? :smile:

Thanks for any replies! :smile:

Choose the city you'd like to live in for 5+ yrs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending