The Student Room Group

Whats easier Maths or Chemistry A level (POLL)

Poll

Whats easier

???
Because I want to do a Biology degree, and it say either Chemistry or Maths (as well as Biology) so I wanted to know the easiest one to do at AS.
(edited 13 years ago)
Depends on your particular strengths. I would say maths
Neither
Reply 3
would u do biolgy AQA or Maths AQA?
Assuming you are picking A-Levels, surely choosing them on how difficult they are is a bit ridiculous.

It really does depend on your strengths though. I find Maths easier than chemistry but some don't.
(edited 13 years ago)
If your equal ability at both.
Reply 6
Totally agree with Extricated ^^
Reply 7
Pure Maths much easier than Chemistry however Further maths :/ nope :P
Reply 8
Maths is very right and wrong, there isn't any chance for penalty for being too ambiguous and can all easily be learnt by just doing the dozens of past papers available. I don't think there's so many different ways they can ask a question either, unlike Chemistry (and others) they sometimes like to go an odd way around it try and get it out as an application sort of question in a scenario you've never seen.

I just think Maths is much easier to fix and be sure of. I personally hate having to memorise things (like definition etc.) - i'd rather just work stuff out. Don't get me wrong though, I do very much so enjoy Chemistry ;p
Reply 9
I do both and IMO they're equally hard, but in different ways. Plus if you're good at maths, it's helps your chemistry, but not the other way round.
Maths by far IMHO chemo is scary:afraid:
I'd definitely say maths is easier. I love chemistry, and it comes more naturally to me than maths, but it is much easier to do well in maths with hard work and practice, whereas Chemistry requires understanding, and contains much more difficult concepts.
Reply 12
Chemistry is probably harder than further maths, but I enjoy it more :smile:

But different people have different strengths
Reply 13
Chemistry is harder, easily. Maths AS is a doddle if you do Further Maths.
Reply 14
Maths - chemistry is death!
i guess its easier to revise for maths... in terms of exams for me its equal... but overall, chemistry is harder to get higher overall a level grade on because they take into account you practical skills ( which im not very good at ).. this is the same for Bio and phys..
BUt i tend to do better in the science, guess i'm more of a scientist than a mathematician.. :P
thats the question you should ask yourself.. r u more of a scientist or a mathematician?

Quick Reply

Latest