Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmiths firmers - 2011 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by obblong
Why didn't you get accommodation?

Original post by DizzTate
Hi, did you not get accommodation because you live in London? I'm in the same boat but still need to move closer to the campus as I live way too west to commute. Are you going to go in for a house/flat share?

Yep, it's because I already live in London. I live in the North West so literally on the other side of the city. I think I'll have to look into house/flat share, on the open day it took me just 2 hours to get there and almost 3 to get back so I really don't want to commute. (Granted there were major delays on the tubes and coming back was during rush hour, it was a nightmare!)

Are you?
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Reply 181
Original post by OriginOfShowbiz
Yep, it's because I already live in London. I live in the North West so literally on the other side of the city. I think I'll have to look into house/flat share, on the open day it took me just 2 hours to get there and almost 3 to get back so I really don't want to commute. (Granted there were major delays on the tubes and coming back was during rush hour, it was a nightmare!)

Are you?

Yeah, exactly the same. Not sure where to start looking though ha. I reckon there must be a lot of first years in the same position so was thinking about trying to buddy up with people to get a house or flat.
Reply 182
Hi,
I have accepted offer for MA Design: Critical Practice
anyone else firmed for the same course?
Original post by DizzTate
Yeah, exactly the same. Not sure where to start looking though ha. I reckon there must be a lot of first years in the same position so was thinking about trying to buddy up with people to get a house or flat.

Yeah, that's hopefully what I'll be doing once results day is over with. Those events organised by the Students union to find accommodation sound helpful, will be checking those out.
I got in! Who else did? Also got an offer for Loring Halls so I'm ecstatic. Physically cannot wait for September now, it seems too far away. Anyone else for English with Creative Writing?
Hi guys! I got in too, for English.
well done us :smile:!
Reply 186
How do you know if you got accomodation though? Confused
I'm in for English, staying in Loring Hall :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by lwalker
How do you know if you got accomodation though? Confused

they send you an email with the offer, and you have to complete what looks like a series of rather complex forms haha. They said on their site that it should be on average two weeks from your offer becoming unconditional firm to getting an accomodation offer so I figure mine was rather early!

And hooray everybody! Guess we'll see each other there!
Reply 189
Is any one else here stuck for finding accomadation in the private sector? Im looking at the east end area(shoreditch,hoxton,brick lane etc) as its much nicer than new cross and happens to have a direct brief train link there as well.
Original post by Orcy
Is any one else here stuck for finding accomadation in the private sector? Im looking at the east end area(shoreditch,hoxton,brick lane etc) as its much nicer than new cross and happens to have a direct brief train link there as well.

make sure you budget in the expensive train journey though.. i mean its like £1.90 a single journey, you should cycle or something :smile:
Reply 191
Hiiii guys
I am one of four girls who shall be living in a beautiful house in South East London from September.
We have one bedroom spare, at £105 a week, from the 3rd and really need to find someone to rent it.
The house is about 7 minutes on the bus from both Goldsmiths, and Elephant and Castle, on a quiet road round the corner from the Police Station. It is a mid terrace, good sized, generally rad house, and we're all superb. Not that I'm biased at all. We all go to Goldsmiths, and are now in our second year. Anyway, we're looking for someone to come and live with us. With bills, it should be around £117 a week, which is a darn good deal really. Let me know as soon as! And congrats on getting into uni!

Anyway, please message me at : [email protected]
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 192
Anyone else in Chesterman House? I was hoping for a place in Loring Hall but never mind, it'll be good anyway :smile:
I got in for English! :biggrin: I'm beaming!
Still looking for a room to rent in South East London though.
Original post by l'anglais
Anyone else in Chesterman House? I was hoping for a place in Loring Hall but never mind, it'll be good anyway :smile:

I'm Chesterman! :smile:
Reply 195
Original post by twist.the.illusion
I'm Chesterman! :smile:

Cool :smile: How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm just worried I'm gonna be the only 18 year old at Chesterman :L
Reply 196
Cool :smile: How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? I'm just worried I'm gonna be the only 18 year old at Chesterman :L

I'm in Chesterman! and my 18th was only 9 days ago, so I wouldn't worry :biggrin:
Reply 197
Original post by OriginOfShowbiz
I got in for English! :biggrin: I'm beaming!
Still looking for a room to rent in South East London though.

I'm doing English! Reading list is loonnnggggg :smile:
Original post by KeiraC1
I'm doing English! Reading list is loonnnggggg :smile:

I almost wept when I saw that it's only the preliminary reading list and another will be sent in September. Been spending my time trawling Oxfam Bookshops :rolleyes:

Haha. I'm sorry to disappoint but I'm 25!! However, I've spoken to a couple of 18 year olds via the FB group who are going to be living in Chesterman so I'm sure you're gonna be fine!

P.S. What's wrong with living with the oldies!?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending