Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lexie_27)
    Has anyone else been unsuccessful in getting accommodation? Feeling a bit lost here...
    (Original post by karavictoria)
    me too! should we think about houseshare?
    I know of a single room in a 4 bed house in New Cross for £370 per month that desperately needs to be filled. I was going to take it but have decided to commute. I'm in touch with the people who have put down the holding fee so if you're interested let me know ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    TSR Goldies student meet maybe? No?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinycrazybug)
    TSR Goldies student meet maybe? No?
    Yes!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone received a reading list for the economics/polticis w/ public policy course?

(Original post by HedonisticMe)
    has anyone received a reading list for the economics/polticis w/ public policy course?
    My niece has just graduated from Goldsmiths!

ReputationRep:
    Why has this thread just died?! Come on guys, only a few weeks until Freshers Week starts!
    What events are you all most looking forward to?

ReputationRep:
    Why has this thread just died?! Come on guys, only a few weeks until Freshers Week starts!
    What events are you all most looking forward to?
    Goldsmiths never seems very active on TSR
    Does the Carl Barat/Mystery Jets event count since it's in Oct? Definitely cannot wait for that! The karaoke night and traffic light party seem fun haha, and I'll be at the film events. I think I'm going to try and go to as many as possible. Which look good to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginOfShowbiz)
    Goldsmiths never seems very active on TSR
    Does the Carl Barat/Mystery Jets event count since it's in Oct? Definitely cannot wait for that! The karaoke night and traffic light party seem fun haha, and I'll be at the film events. I think I'm going to try and go to as many as possible. Which look good to you?
    I know! The facebook groups seem too active though.. I'm a little on the shy side!
    Oh yes, but apparently DJ sets are disappointing. Nevertheless, I shall probably go. I'll definitely go to all the free events... I like the sound of the BBQ and Pimms on the backfield. Im certainly going to try to attend as many as possible, they seem rather fun!
    My friend suggested wearing yellow to the traffic light party and then when someone you're not interested comes over, you quickly put on an item of red and leave..

Bit harsh really!

ReputationRep:
    is anyone starting BA Social & Cultural studies?

ReputationRep:
    I know! The facebook groups seem too active though.. I'm a little on the shy side!
    Oh yes, but apparently DJ sets are disappointing. Nevertheless, I shall probably go. I'll definitely go to all the free events... I like the sound of the BBQ and Pimms on the backfield. Im certainly going to try to attend as many as possible, they seem rather fun!
    My friend suggested wearing yellow to the traffic light party and then when someone you're not interested comes over, you quickly put on an item of red and leave..

Bit harsh really!
    HAHAHAHAHA that's an epic idea! Yeah, I'd rather watch them perform than DJ but I'm still excited about that one. The Pimms one sounds like a lota fun. I'm a little gutted that I'll miss it because I work weekends but I'll make up for it during the week!
    Ahh the facebook group is intense. I posted something and now there are loads of comments and they're totally off topic It's great, everyone seems really nice.
    Where are you coming from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HedonisticMe)
    Hey! I'm not sure about that course but if you contact your department or someone on their facebook page, they'll probably sort you out with a list

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAHAHA that's an epic idea! Yeah, I'd rather watch them perform than DJ but I'm still excited about that one. The Pimms one sounds like a lota fun. I'm a little gutted that I'll miss it because I work weekends but I'll make up for it during the week!
    Ahh the facebook group is intense. I posted something and now there are loads of comments and they're totally off topic It's great, everyone seems really nice.
    Where are you coming from?
    Ah, that's a shame about the weekends! Yes, everyone does seem nice, I can't wait for freshers to begin! I'm coming from West London, but I'm moving to New Cross on the 24th.
    Are you staying in halls? Also there's a non-halls freshers page and there's a meet up on the 22nd which looks quite fun. Apparently everyone shall be wearing red to be able to identify other fellow freshers. Eeek! It's so soon. Have you managed to get all your books for the reading list yet?

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that's a shame about the weekends! Yes, everyone does seem nice, I can't wait for freshers to begin! I'm coming from West London, but I'm moving to New Cross on the 24th.
    Are you staying in halls? Also there's a non-halls freshers page and there's a meet up on the 22nd which looks quite fun. Apparently everyone shall be wearing red to be able to identify other fellow freshers. Eeek! It's so soon. Have you managed to get all your books for the reading list yet?
    I can't wait for freshers to start either! Nope, I didn't get into halls since I live in London. I tried finding private accomodation but that didn't work out so well and I've decided to commute until I get a place in halls. I've been reassured that in theory (haha) I should be fairly high up on the waiting list...
    Oh I'm definitely going to the non halls meet up! I just need to find something red and I'm set, haha. Are you going to it?
    I've managed to get most of my books. Reading them is a completely different story though. Have you?

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for freshers to start either! Nope, I didn't get into halls since I live in London. I tried finding private accomodation but that didn't work out so well and I've decided to commute until I get a place in halls. I've been reassured that in theory (haha) I should be fairly high up on the waiting list...
    Oh I'm definitely going to the non halls meet up! I just need to find something red and I'm set, haha. Are you going to it?
    I've managed to get most of my books. Reading them is a completely different story though. Have you?
    Oh right I see, that's good. I think by Christmas a lot of students drop out or whatever so places do become available which is good. Which hall do you most want to end up in? Yeah, I'm definitely going to the meet up, first opportunity to meet people who are in the same boat really. I've got most of mine too, but I've only read two of them. Although I'm reluctant to read the larger texts as I've heard only certain chapters get looked at - so I settled for Hamlet & Beowulf. :P

ReputationRep:
    Oh right I see, that's good. I think by Christmas a lot of students drop out or whatever so places do become available which is good. Which hall do you most want to end up in? Yeah, I'm definitely going to the meet up, first opportunity to meet people who are in the same boat really. I've got most of mine too, but I've only read two of them. Although I'm reluctant to read the larger texts as I've heard only certain chapters get looked at - so I settled for Hamlet & Beowulf. :P
    Yeah, just hope I won't be missing out on all the fun haha. I wouldn't mind ending up in any of the halls apart from the really expensive ones. I'm hoping for the cheapest possible, haha. That's Batavia I think. Yeah, it's going to be good! I'm looking forward to meeting you.
    I'm reading Dante's Inferno. I actually kind of love it, haha! I tried really hard with The Odyssey but it just will not end, so back on the bookshelf it goes for now. I read a Modest Proposal too because of how short it was.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, just hope I won't be missing out on all the fun haha. I wouldn't mind ending up in any of the halls apart from the really expensive ones. I'm hoping for the cheapest possible, haha. That's Batavia I think. Yeah, it's going to be good! I'm looking forward to meeting you.
    I'm reading Dante's Inferno. I actually kind of love it, haha! I tried really hard with The Odyssey but it just will not end, so back on the bookshelf it goes for now. I read a Modest Proposal too because of how short it was.
    Yep, that's the downside of not living in halls. How long is your commute? I read a page of Dante, but got distracted.. I think A Modest Proposal is next on my list! The Odyssey is the book I'm least looking forward to reading to be honest.. I'm still waiting for my Norton Anthology to arrive. I was surprised at how expensive it was.. it better have some poems that tickle my pickle or I shan't be best pleased!:P

ReputationRep:
    Yep, that's the downside of not living in halls. How long is your commute? I read a page of Dante, but got distracted.. I think A Modest Proposal is next on my list! The Odyssey is the book I'm least looking forward to reading to be honest.. I'm still waiting for my Norton Anthology to arrive. I was surprised at how expensive it was.. it better have some poems that tickle my pickle or I shan't be best pleased!:P
    Yep exactly, I'll just keep telling myself "it's only until December..." My commute is about an hour and a bit. I suppose it could be worse. Haha! Give Dante another go, I'm surprised about how much I like it. The first couple of pages of The Odyssey killed me and I don't even want to look at Metamorphoses. Yeah, even second hand the Anthology was pretty expensive but I'm REALLY looking forward to the poetry lessons! I've spent almost £200 on books, damn..
    Have you met anyone else doing English? We should have a pre-English meet up

ReputationRep:
    Yep exactly, I'll just keep telling myself "it's only until December..." My commute is about an hour and a bit. I suppose it could be worse. Haha! Give Dante another go, I'm surprised about how much I like it. The first couple of pages of The Odyssey killed me and I don't even want to look at Metamorphoses. Yeah, even second hand the Anthology was pretty expensive but I'm REALLY looking forward to the poetry lessons! I've spent almost £200 on books, damn..
    Have you met anyone else doing English? We should have a pre-English meet up
    Ouch - long commute. On the plus side you'll have plenty of time to read on the journey! Haha, yeah I was unfair to judge it so quickly :P Yup, I got the anthology for £19 which I thought was a fairly good deal. I have a friend who's doing English & American Lit (going into 2nd year) so she lent me most of the books except the Anthology & the short story ones. Really grateful actually, because it's just so pricey.
    Ha, we should! Although I haven't met anyone. Have you? Perhaps at the non-halls event we will find fellow English students. :P

ReputationRep:
    Ouch - long commute. On the plus side you'll have plenty of time to read on the journey! Haha, yeah I was unfair to judge it so quickly :P Yup, I got the anthology for £19 which I thought was a fairly good deal. I have a friend who's doing English & American Lit (going into 2nd year) so she lent me most of the books except the Anthology & the short story ones. Really grateful actually, because it's just so pricey.
    Ha, we should! Although I haven't met anyone. Have you? Perhaps at the non-halls event we will find fellow English students. :P
    Haha, that's true! Every cloud...
    £19 is a bargain! I think I spent about £25 on mine. It still hasn't arrived yet though. Oh that's lucky! Did she like the course?
    Yeah, I've met a couple people. I went to look at a room in a flat two guys doing English are living in. They were lovely. And I've been talking to a few people doing some form of English on facebook. Looks like we're going to have an awesome class.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, that's true! Every cloud...
    £19 is a bargain! I think I spent about £25 on mine. It still hasn't arrived yet though. Oh that's lucky! Did she like the course?
    Yeah, I've met a couple people. I went to look at a room in a flat two guys doing English are living in. They were lovely. And I've been talking to a few people doing some form of English on facebook. Looks like we're going to have an awesome class.
    Yeah, she really enjoyed it, so I'm sure we will. English is by far the best subject anyway, :P Oh that's cool! I can't wait for term to begin and meet new people and discuss all the weird novels & stuff.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 29, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.