Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChancedTravels)
    Yeah I have a RH offer too, but just couldn't face living in the middle of nowhere, even if it is a gorgeous campus! Goldsmiths is a place I want to BE, whereas UEA is just a place I want to study (not that I won't be working hard at Goldsmiths of course ) and the societys (Smiths/the huge dance society) just seem to slip in with my current lifestyle a lot better than they probably would at UEA where I would just end up drinking each and every night

Very, very excited now! How odd that we'll all be at school together soon..
    Yeah I agree about the middle of nowhere thing, it's a bit of an issue! The societies are quite great at Goldsmiths, I will admit. I bet it must have been tough to turn down UEA, but to be fair it probably would be a lot of drinking and... yeah!

ReputationRep:
    Gonna apply to UCAS extra tonight or tomorrow night for Goldsmiths Psychology.

I've never been to London. I'm scared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramona)
    Gonna apply to UCAS extra tonight or tomorrow night for Goldsmiths Psychology.

I've never been to London. I'm scared.
    Fingers crossed for you! And hey, if you get in we'll be on the same course (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LtCommanderData)
    I'm not going to Goldsmiths but I know people there and I think you guys are making a great choice! Well done
    I love your username!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxomatosis)
    Yeah I agree about the middle of nowhere thing, it's a bit of an issue! The societies are quite great at Goldsmiths, I will admit. I bet it must have been tough to turn down UEA, but to be fair it probably would be a lot of drinking and... yeah!
    Ahaha, yes.. uea's not got the best reputation regarding.. interpersonal relations among students

I'm hoping the social life at Goldsmiths is good though - it doesn't seem like much has been said about it anywhere!

Do you know what societies you'll be going for? I'm desperate to work on Smiths.

ReputationRep:
    what is Smiths, exactly?

ReputationRep:
    It's the student magazine- pretty prestigious! There's a copy of it avaliable to view on the SU website

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, i applied for Goldsmiths and still havent heard ANYTHING back from them, i was just wondering when you lot with your offers heard back from Goldsmiths?? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouisSealey)
    Hi guys, i applied for Goldsmiths and still havent heard ANYTHING back from them, i was just wondering when you lot with your offers heard back from Goldsmiths?? Thanks.
    I heard back on March 1st

ReputationRep:
    I heard in October/November time.

ReputationRep:
    Wow thats really early! i emailed them to ask what was taking them so long (thinking my offer didnt get to them or something), but they just said they were still in the offer making process and it could be until May! Maybe im just one of the candidates who they cant make a decision on yet!

ReputationRep:
    Wow thats really early! i emailed them to ask what was taking them so long (thinking my offer didnt get to them or something), but they just said they were still in the offer making process and it could be until May! Maybe im just one of the candidates who they cant make a decision on yet!
    I'm sorry to hear that. It's so nerv-wracking to wait. When did you apply however?

ReputationRep:
    I know just wish they would tell me whatever their response is! And i sent my application on the 22nd of December, quite late i know but come on Goldsmiths hurry up please! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bimmo)
    I firmed Goldsmiths a year ago for English, just been on my gap year so I am SO ready for uni. Anyone going into Loring Hall?
    My first choice will be Loring I think! I like the privacy of the ensuite but the whole 'party/social' halls aspect And I'll be studying English too!

ReputationRep:
    are you all going for an undergrad or are you talking about MAs? just curious as i've applied and am only having my interview next week. scarrryyyyy..

ReputationRep:
    I've just firmed my Anthropology offer! Still need to apply for accomodation, though. I was thinking about Loring Hall, because I can't see myself sharing a bathroom with that many people, but my mum just thinks I'm stuck up if I say that

ReputationRep:
    Woo! Im firm for English at Goldsmiths
    Wish i was there now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChancedTravels)
    My first choice will be Loring I think! I like the privacy of the ensuite but the whole 'party/social' halls aspect And I'll be studying English too!
    Yeah I have been to my friends Unis where they have En Suites and it is sooooo much better than having to share a bathroom with loads of people. Loring is definately my first choice, I just like being in a place where something is always going on. What grades did you get/are predicted at A Level. Have you seen the reading list yet? I am a bit worried because I kind of do my own thing when it comes to reading :/

ReputationRep:
    I know just wish they would tell me whatever their response is! And i sent my application on the 22nd of December, quite late i know but come on Goldsmiths hurry up please! lol
    I'm sure you'll get your reply very soon!
    I applied in the first week of March after a few rejections elsewhere, so I'll probably be the last one to have any news. Doing history of art by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Yehh lets hope so! Then lets just hope its a acceptance offer not a rejection and just History but goood guess! lol

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.