Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The way my revision is going and my grades.. I don't think I'll be there in September.. but I so badly want to :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gobananas)
    The way my revision is going and my grades.. I don't think I'll be there in September.. but I so badly want to :'(
    :console:
    What have you applied to? Keep on revising and just do your best, if your teachers predicted those grades for you it means they believe you can do it and I am sure you can too! (:
    Also, I have noticed that in general Goldsmiths are rather lenient, if something would go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChancedTravels)
    Yeah someone from TSR sent me the reading list, I tend to do the same but on the whole the books listed are ones I've wanted to read anyway but haven't had time to! Predicted AAB but my offer is for ABB and I think it's more likely I'll be getting ABB if that :P
    What did you say to get the reading list?
    Would it be possible for you to send it to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Student)
    What did you say to get the reading list?
    Would it be possible for you to send it to me?
    Sure, just PM me your email address.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else terrified of not getting in because of one grade? For me it's Philosophy - I need a B but, well, it's not all going so well, you could say. Gutted if I miss out by a few marks; Goldsmiths is definitely the only university I like, and I'm sure loads of other people feel that way too.

Still no one else firmed for English with Creative Writing?

ReputationRep:
    One week ago I got an unconditional offer for both "MA in Creative and Cultural Entrepreneurship: Music Pathway" and "MA in Arts Administration & Cultural Policy: Music Pathway". Have you heard anything about these courses, which has a better reputation etc? I'm so excited at the idea of studying at Goldsmith's next year =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaudiaGrace)
    Anyone else terrified of not getting in because of one grade? For me it's Philosophy - I need a B but, well, it's not all going so well, you could say. Gutted if I miss out by a few marks; Goldsmiths is definitely the only university I like, and I'm sure loads of other people feel that way too.

Still no one else firmed for English with Creative Writing?
    I terrified of not getting a B in Biology this year. I'm running out of time for revision too and things just aren't going so well. Hopefully my grades in my other subjects make up for it if I miss out on the marks
    Goldsmiths is the only university I want to go to as well. I guess all we can do is try our best, as cliché as that sounds.
    Firmed English single honours

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for MA Filmmaking at Goldsmiths heard back?

ReputationRep:
    Felt I should revive our thread..
    How is everyone's exams going? Do we think we'll be seeing eachother after all? :P

ReputationRep:
    Felt I should revive our thread..
    How is everyone's exams going? Do we think we'll be seeing eachother after all? :P
    Unlikely that you'll be seeing me!
    Unless there's a miracle and Goldsmiths are lenient with me. I'm 100% sure that I'm not getting a B in Biology. I messed up my exam on Monday... cracked uder the pressure I suppose, which is gutting. Hope everything's going well for the rest of you guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginOfShowbiz)
    Unlikely that you'll be seeing me!
    Unless there's a miracle and Goldsmiths are lenient with me. I'm 100% sure that I'm not getting a B in Biology. I messed up my exam on Monday... cracked uder the pressure I suppose, which is gutting. Hope everything's going well for the rest of you guys.
    I nearly cried after English so I probably won't be there either... maybe they'll be super nice to us?

ReputationRep:
    I wont be coming either guys :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Can you get into fine art at goldsmiths if you haven't done a foundation degree? Provided that your portfolio is good enough..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irina793)
    Can you get into fine art at goldsmiths if you haven't done a foundation degree? Provided that your portfolio is good enough..
    My friend got an interview for Graphic Design without a foundation. He didn't get a place but they said that was based on his interview, so I reckon it's possible! It's probably a harder without without one though.
    Edit:
    Maybe you could phone up and ask admissions?
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I nearly cried after English so I probably won't be there either... maybe they'll be super nice to us?
    I hope so! I've heard they're pretty lenient
    Uh oh, I still have English to go. Not feeling so confident with that either...

ReputationRep:
    I do hope we all get in on the day. I'm sure the departments will be understanding with grades. I hope that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginOfShowbiz)
    My friend got an interview for Graphic Design without a foundation. He didn't get a place but they said that was based on his interview, so I reckon it's possible! It's probably a harder without without one though.
    Edit:
    Maybe you could phone up and ask admissions?
    Good luck!
    Ok, thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm starting psychology this year at Goldsmiths^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmitrijus)
    Hey guys, I'm starting psychology this year at Goldsmiths^^
    Hope to see you there!
    If I get the grades I'll be starting English.

ReputationRep:
    Hope you will get yr grades

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.