Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sick of being the least photogenic person in history Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
    I see the signs. This is how it starts.

A colourful username and customised title and before you know it.....BAM.

They've got you in their cold, clammy grasp.
    Noooo! I'm still me I promise! This is just a phase, I'm experimenting.

Besides, I didn't even but it, Souldoubt have it to me as a surprise gift.

I'm still the same Yawn11... But I will admit, I can barely make a post recently. Hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    I feel like this a lot haha I still get slightly cameraphobic when someone decides to take a sneaky picture of me. I'm learning to get over it though I suppose all you can do is try and accept that you probably won't like the photos when you see them, but also that its not the end of the world either. The only photos of myself I actually don't mind are the ones that look the least like me but I tend to try and laugh off the terrible ones. Mostly because I have found out there is NO hiding from cameras at parties. They will get you.

ReputationRep:
    Get over yourself... unless you are the man with an ass for a face GTFO

ReputationRep:
    As long as you have a picture of yourself as your profile it doesn't matter if you never update Just don't have a picture of your car/cat/baby as your picture!

(Original post by ash-corbett-collins)
    As long as you have a picture of yourself as your profile it doesn't matter if you never update Just don't have a picture of your car/cat/baby as your picture!
    I have a picture of myself Although I have had other things before, like a fancy drawing or sth. Is that a very bad thing

(Would never have my baby if I had one!)

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, I'm really unphotogenic. I'm not unattractive, but whenever the camera is pointed at me I can't help but pull some gormless slightly creepy smile. I tend to just have pictures other people have taken at parties or something, because there is usually a good 100 to pick from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    And Facebook makes it worse. With today's online world, how you look in a picture seems to be so important. I'm on facebook, for all sorts of reasons, socially, to discuss schoolwork, keep it touch etc., and I find it useful. I just have very few pictures of myself, because it happens ca once a year or less, that I get a good pic. Are any of you the same / would you find it weird if a girl was like that? I mean, I am not more shallow or focused on my looks than most girls are, it's just that I know from experience, pictures do not do me justice. There is something about the way my face captures the light, that just makes me look like someone else. I know, your friends know what you look like and blabla, but I have people on there who live far away and I only speak to online. Besides I don't think it's shallow to not want to have awful photos of yourself floating around on the internet.
    I don't what people do to look good in pictures, I see plenty just smile, and they automatically look good. If they don't look good, at least they look like themselves. May sound stuck-up, but I am very good-looking in real life, and in photos I just look like a freak! My cheeks become huge, my eyes look different, and altogether it's not very nice. I have had honest friends confirm this! I suppose I could spend hours on webcam trying to get one good shot, but I know some people would frown upon that "oh look who's posting pretty pics of themselves". Just makes me exhausted
    You are now aware that no one actually gives a **** about how you look in photos. Just change your profile picture to a black man and be done with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Noooo! I'm still me I promise! This is just a phase, I'm experimenting.

Besides, I didn't even but it, Souldoubt have it to me as a surprise gift.

I'm still the same Yawn11... But I will admit, I can barely make a post recently. Hmmm...
    :hmmm: I remain unconvinced. I await a cutting and particularly sarcastic post - this should redeem you.

ReputationRep:
    i used to care. I hated getting my photo taken but then i think to myself who cares? I want memories to look back on when I'm older to remind me of some good times. I won't have any to look back on if I'm so insecure about something so dumb :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukas1051)
    I know how you feel, I'm really unphotogenic. I'm not unattractive, but whenever the camera is pointed at me I can't help but pull some gormless slightly creepy smile. I tend to just have pictures other people have taken at parties or something, because there is usually a good 100 to pick from
    Haha same! The morning after the night out is basically just untagging photos!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm dreadful in photos too. I'm generally fine with my appearence in 'real life' but photos are a different story entirely. I can look through an album fine but i can't help but cringe at some of the pics with me in them.. instant detag I used to be incredibly camerashy but like someone else said.. you can't avoid em. I've got over it safe in the knowledge that at least it can't be as bad as my passport photo!

Just use a tagged photo as your profile pic, thats what i've always done.

(Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Used to do my head in when everyone done that on Myspace. They'd upload about a million photos of themselves pulling the same expression, and in every photo they looked as though they'd moved about 5 feet from the location where the previous photo was taken.
    The only thing it was good for was seeing what the room they were in was like, it was like a flipbook.
    Oh dear i remember this. Those bloody bathroom photos with the camera in them were the worst.

ReputationRep:
    Pics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    And Facebook makes it worse. With today's online world, how you look in a picture seems to be so important. I'm on facebook, for all sorts of reasons, socially, to discuss schoolwork, keep it touch etc., and I find it useful. I just have very few pictures of myself, because it happens ca once a year or less, that I get a good pic. Are any of you the same / would you find it weird if a girl was like that? I mean, I am not more shallow or focused on my looks than most girls are, it's just that I know from experience, pictures do not do me justice. There is something about the way my face captures the light, that just makes me look like someone else. I know, your friends know what you look like and blabla, but I have people on there who live far away and I only speak to online. Besides I don't think it's shallow to not want to have awful photos of yourself floating around on the internet.
    I don't what people do to look good in pictures, I see plenty just smile, and they automatically look good. If they don't look good, at least they look like themselves. May sound stuck-up, but I am very good-looking in real life, and in photos I just look like a freak! My cheeks become huge, my eyes look different, and altogether it's not very nice. I have had honest friends confirm this! I suppose I could spend hours on webcam trying to get one good shot, but I know some people would frown upon that "oh look who's posting pretty pics of themselves". Just makes me exhausted
    Don't worry about it - I dont wear make up and am ill the vast majority of the time, so you can imagine how bad my photos come out lol.
    At the end of the day we weren't made just to look good in photos - you say you look fine normally, so what is there to worry about?? At least you know you look fine!! For those of us who are perfectionists and are always concerned about not looking perfect, you should grant yourself lucky - I have a bit of OCD on my side which really doesnt help me
    I've got a new Job doing Bar Work, and they're going to be doing photos and things tomorrow for this Comic Relief thing - and I've got to go in :rolleyes:
    I think I'm going to purchase some tinted moisturiser for the first time in my Life just to cover the belmishes in my face so I can take a reasonable photograph - though I doubt that'll do me much good haha!!
    Just dont stress about it - I dont have many photos of myself up on fb either, and the ones I do have arent all flattering
    Just enjoy yourself when out and dont worry about taking bad photos - at the end of the day who cares if photos come out bad, as long as you're a good person it shouldnt matter!!

ReputationRep:
    I look good in ONE pose -my nose looks big or I look very fat in any other.

Even my profile pic looks like I have a big huge nose.

Meh I have managed to find a couple of good ones but they got lucky.

ReputationRep:
    Better than looking poor in photos and in real life :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    I always try to avoid pics.

ReputationRep:
    This is interesting...
    I take loads of photos, but it sometimes takes ages to get one I am happy with! I go out looking nice and people tell me I look good, but flash photography isnt flattering for me usually. Pale skin doesnt come out as well as slightly tanned skin either. Plus, my nose always looks big in pics :-P

I do think photos are not always accurate. I have some friends who always seem to actually come out better in photos than they look in real life...and others who are pretty, but don't always look as good in photos. So there is something different there...no idea!

Also, say you look at what you see in the mirror.... is the mirror image how other people see you? Or is the mirror image the reversed image of what others see if they look at you? Think I prefer the mirror image to camera ones usually, depending on the pic.

ReputationRep:
    Just my luck that the only pic I would even consider using for anything has me on the side. Centre or it just looks like someone else to be honest. Most recent one I had an eye infection so that's

No idea why I give a toss, it's all so vacuous in truth. I'll probably look back on them for the memories, not to compare how bulbous my nose is.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    meh don't worry about it. apparently i look like a drag queen in photographs, so you can't say worse than that!

ReputationRep:
    But Facebook is FOR embarrassing and hideously bad photos! Its all part of the fun.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.