Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah (this is off topic) but would it look ok, if I only have 3 paragraphs in my PS?
    An intro, a massive middle chunk, and an ending?

I'm having problems with the line limit you seeeeeeee.. :rolleyes:
    I'm under the character limit, and can't cut anything out!

ReputationRep:
    A dissertation is actually pretty cool you know..all that independent shizz :ahee:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by zaina94)
    Oh yeah (this is off topic) but would it look ok, if I only have 3 paragraphs in my PS?
    An intro, a massive middle chunk, and an ending?

I'm having problems with the line limit you seeeeeeee.. :rolleyes:
    I'm under the character limit, and can't cut anything out!
    I feel your pain

But just imagine you're an admissions tutor who has just read 50 personal statements, I think layout matters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Makes me tempted to apply to Bristol
    haha I reckon you have a good chance assuming you fit that criteria to get a lowe offer (assuming you do get an offer, assuming you do decide to apply )

Jesus.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    haha I reckon you have a good chance assuming you fit that criteria to get a lowe offer (assuming you do get an offer, assuming you do decide to apply )

Jesus.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I feel your pain

But just imagine you're an admissions tutor who has just read 50 personal statements, I think layout matters
    It's only the middle paragraph
    Some of the parts where I would have split it into further paragraphs are slightly visible though, because the line before it ends half-way (but there isn't a space)....so hopefully that'll be enough?

Stupid UCAS not letting us indent...

:eek: gah my deadline is tomorrow, guess i'll just leave it for now. OMG YES THAT MEANS I'M DONE :banana:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's only the middle paragraph
    Some of the parts where I would have split it into further paragraphs are slightly visible though, because the line before it ends half-way (but there isn't a space)....so hopefully that'll be enough?

Stupid UCAS not letting us indent...

:eek: gah my deadline is tomorrow, guess i'll just leave it for now. OMG YES THAT MEANS I'M DONE :banana:
    Tommorrow? :eek4: Why so early?!

ReputationRep:
    I need to decide by tomorrow!!! :eek:

I always preferred Soton, but I was counting on it as my backup! AAA doesn't sound like a back-up...

I prefer Soton! :cool:
    But York is AAB...
    You evidently seem to prefer Soton, so I would advise that you choose them, purely because you don't want to be left with an insurance you don't want to go to.

ReputationRep:
    Tommorrow? :eek4: Why so early?!
    It's the Oxbridge deadline...
    But my college do them all pretty early, all the other Economics applications (Non-Oxbridge) have to be in by 3rd Oct. The latest all together is the 17th.

They said they "cannot guarantee they will meet the external deadline" if we don't get them in by then..
    LIESSSS I SAY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    A dissertation is actually pretty cool you know..all that independent shizz :ahee:
    I'm so behind on my EPQ, and not bothered. That sort of says something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamiepango)
    You evidently seem to prefer Soton, so I would advise that you choose them, purely because you don't want to be left with an insurance you don't want to go to.
    Yeah, I think I will
    Haven't look too much into York, as I only started considering it yesterday. I also prefer the actual city Southampton more
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's the Oxbridge deadline...
    But my college do them all pretty early, all the other Economics applications (Non-Oxbridge) have to be in by 3rd Oct. The latest all together is the 17th.

They said they "cannot guarantee they will meet the external deadline" if we don't get them in by then..
    LIESSSS I SAY.
    Our Oxbridge deadline is October 1st I'm going to wait until then anyway, because I've just started further maths AS so just want to make sure that is working out before I commit to doing it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    This.

The reasoning behind people who choose any choice they wouldn't be happy at is just beyond me, especially for the money it's going to cost us! :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Our Oxbridge deadline is October 1st I'm going to wait until then anyway, because I've just started further maths AS so just want to make sure that is working out before I commit to doing it
    Same, I picked it up this year too
    Seems alright, but I haven't got the choice of dropping it now anyway..

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldnt bother with an EPQ, im doing an extra qualification anyways (FM A-level) so I guess thats enough to keep me busy

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if hypothetically you received your offers that doesn't contain further maths, would you still take the exams? Also, would those universities require you to carry it on, seeing as it is put in as "pending" on UCAS?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Just wondering if hypothetically you received your offers that doesn't contain further maths, would you still take the exams? Also, would those universities require you to carry it on, seeing as it is put in as "pending" on UCAS?
    I was wondering this same thing, it would be interesting to know if I could just stop doing it although I doubt it, it seems stupid that someone could say they were doing 7 A-levels (to impress them), then when they get their offer of A*AA just drop the other 4... Let me know if you find out though...
    (And even if it wasn't required I'd still do them )

ReputationRep:
    Strangely word says I'm 5 characters inside my 4,000 character limit but on UCAS it's 8 over?!

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering this same thing, it would be interesting to know if I could just stop doing it although I doubt it, it seems stupid that someone could say they were doing 7 A-levels (to impress them), then when they get their offer of A*AA just drop the other 4... Let me know if you find out though...
    (And even if it wasn't required I'd still do them )
    Good point

Are you self-teaching? Which modules have you chosen?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Psychotic546)
    Strangely word says I'm 5 characters inside my 4,000 character limit but on UCAS it's 8 over?!
    Apparently UCAS counts a line break as two characters (or so I've heard). There should definitely be a margin of error though, it's ridiculous

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 4, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.