Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the excessive font size lol

Does anyone know if Warwick require UMS scores? Or any other universities which require UMS scores?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What chance do I have with A*AA prediction but RUBBISH GCSE's. Will they affect my grade

Thanks

EDIT: GCSE grades are A*AAAABBBBCCCC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxh800)
    That's a good combination. It'll depend on what universities you want to apply on how much GCSEs play an impact.
    What top universities wont it have much of an impact then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mousebudden)
    How do you know UCL and Warwick do interviews mate?
    Well I know someone who got interviewed at UCL 2 years ago. In regard to Warwick, I just heard they do, at least for MORSE and probably also for Economics.

ReputationRep:
    So will Warwick and UCL interview or not? Is this before or after they give you the offer?

LSE don't interview at all right?

I like doing my EPQ, really enjoying it at the moment. Sort of obsessed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mousebudden)
    Sorry for the excessive font size lol

Does anyone know if Warwick require UMS scores? Or any other universities which require UMS scores?

Thanks
    It's fine
    Erm it's UCL and Cambridge. That's all.

ReputationRep:
    Well, when I spoke to one of the guys who interview at Churchill (he was a fellow of the college and one of the Economics tutors/lecturers). He didn't actually know what the EPQ was. So, I'm not sure if it'll be useful in an interview. PS wise, yea I guess it's useful. However, I might not keep it in my PS as I don't discuss my A-level subjects (which is what LSE wants for non-relevant subjects. I think I remember reading on their website that they woud like to know what you've learned from those subjects).
    That's OK because if I get an interview and that interviewer does not know what the EPQ is, I'll give him a definition of it, and then carry on with what I originally planned to say about it.

ReputationRep:
    Also what do u guys think the chance of someone who does not have an economics A level but has FM/Maths/Chem/Bio with an A*AA prediction (FM prediction coming soon) and a fair amount of further reading about economics has of getting into a top 5 uni for econ (considering my GCSEs are 9A*2A and have a decent PS)?

I still personally don't think the chance is high
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by WalkerPrince)
    So will Warwick and UCL interview or not? Is this before or after they give you the offer?

LSE don't interview at all right?

I like doing my EPQ, really enjoying it at the moment. Sort of obsessed.
    For UCL it's pretty much a conformation, didn't know Warwick interviewed.

LSE don't interview.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tomatochuckers)
    Also what do u guys think the chance of someone who does not have an economics A level but has FM/Maths/Chem/Bio with an A*AA prediction (FM prediction coming soon) and a fair amount of further reading about economics has of getting into a top 5 uni for econ (considering my GCSEs are 9A*2A and have a decent PS)?

Good chance

ReputationRep:
    That's OK because if I get an interview and the interviewer does not know what the EPQ is, I'll give him a definition of it, and then carry on with what I originally planned to say about it.
    lol, for some reason I don't think you'll be the one directing which way the interview goes.

:dontknow: It depends on your UMS I guess. GCSE wise you tick the boxes for every uni out there. This is assuming your PS is good enough for you to stick out a bit (and then let your grades do the talking).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacky23)
    What top universities wont it have much of an impact then?
    The infamous GCSE nazis that are UCL and LSE I guess (or that's what you hear). Not sure about Warwick. Maybe Nottingham and Durham although I can't confirm.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    lol, for some reason I don't think you'll be the one directing which way the interview goes.
    That's what I was thinking :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I thought it would show leadership skills which are badly missing from my PS. Nah jk its just if I put all that work in, I do want some recognition for it. Maybe it was just that guy, and others do know about it....well I sure hope so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacky23)
    Do they only use GCSE's for people with the low predictions? for example if i was predicted 4 A*'s would my GCSE's come into play?
    Yup, it's to separate the abundance of AAA candidates. With 4 A*s you'd quite easily get into Warwick and UCL, let alone Notts/ Bristol.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Confused101)
    Yup, it's to separate the abundance of AAA candidates. With 4 A*s you'd quite easily get into Warwick and UCL, let alone Notts/ Bristol.
    No one can "quite easily" get into UCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tateco)
    Saying that, I would have still done it if I wasn't doing AS further maths this year
    I'm doing the whole AS+A2 FM and im still doing it

light-weight!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by -Illmatic-)
    I'm doing the whole AS+A2 FM and im still doing it

light-weight!
    The negatives of doing it all in one year out-weighed the positives for me All it would result in was a potentially higher from Warwick, the Cambridge college I'm applying to told me I shouldn't even do AS

ReputationRep:
    The negatives of doing it all in one year out-weighed the positives for me All it would result in was a potentially higher from Warwick, the Cambridge college I'm applying to told me I shouldn't even do AS
    exactly the same as me!

ReputationRep:
    thats fair enough im sure you’ll smash the AS regardless

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 4, 2012

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.